We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Paris
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

I just saw an amazing film clip of scenes of Paris in the early 20th century. Some of it is really magical:

dailymotion.com/video/….UO1AjrRRolI

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Just mentioning, I couldn't get it off the link the OP gave.

Googled Paris 1900-1945 ovnis_et_fantomes. Clicked on the second site on the page with a picture of the video and that worked.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

I wish I could see it! The screen is still blank today.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Catullus, Try this: Go to dailymotion.com and type in Paris 1900 1945. The first choice shows a picture of a Ferris Wheel. That's the one. I hope this will work for you.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Thanks! That got me to the point where the video was posted, but it won't open up.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

check your spam blocker, script blockers, and things like that -- some of them block daily motion.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Wow I cant wait to go home and watch this!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

I am not surprised by the crowds. Before television existed, people went out much more when there was any sort of event.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Good point, Kerouac. Also these were major events (Exposition Universelle, beginning of WWI, liberation of Paris at the end of WWII).

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

Is there any chance one of you helpful people could post this Video on Youtube?

I am able to download and watch it at Dailymotion but I'm unable to save it to my PC although I hope someone has the know-how and skill to be able to record it for themselves.

I have been unable to save Dailymotion videos for some months but have had no problems with Youtube videos.

I appreciate the original OP link to this excellent video but I would like to save it in case it, for whatever reason, is taken down or removed from Dailymotion.

20. Re: rare film of Paris 1900 - 1945

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014