We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

What is CDG like when time is short for making a connecting flight? My daughter arrives at terminal 2G and then her connection departs from terminal 2E an hour later. I assume the boarding gate will close about 30 mins before departure.

How does she make the transfer - on foot, by bus etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

2G uses a very efficient bus. Boarding gate closing time depends on the flight destination.

Edited: 4:53 pm, December 10, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

This page is helpful:

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/Acce…

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

Last time I was in France I also had a 1h transit time in CDG and didn't have any problem to make it on time. I even had time to stop to the washroom ;-)

There is a bus system that brings you from terminal to terminal with different lines depending to which terminal you go to. And people are quite helpful to guide you through all that and even telling you wich bus is faster for you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

It all depends on where you land and where you have to go. If you're going from, say, 2E to 2C, it's easy -- just a fairly short walk.

Going from T1 to T3 is going to be a hassle, and it's going to push things to the limit to try to make the flight.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

2G is the only totally isolated terminal, which is why they need an excellent shuttle bus.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

I never got to say thank you to all who replied. My daughter made her connection. Much appreciated - merci.

7. Re: Transferring between terminals at CDG airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 16, 2014