We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair products/supply in the 5th

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hair products/supply in the 5th

Hello,

I'm currently in Paris and have ruined both my straightener and hair dryer. I had a converter, adaptor...everything normally used to make these appliance work over here...but the straightener just fried and the dryer made a loud pop. it still worked but I'm scared to use it.

I am just going to replace them since i am here for a few months. Does anyone know of a beauty supply place in the latin quarter? Or does Monoprix sell dryers and straighteners? So frustrating!

Thanks in advance!

paris
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

I don't think you will find much choice in the quattier latin - the closest intersting place would be the BHV (metro Hotel de Ville)

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

Thank you, but can you give me a little more info so I can find it? Is BHV short for something else and is it a beauty supply store, or a grocery store or hair salon? If i know then I can look it up on the web.

Thanks

paris
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

BHV aka Bazar de l'Hotel de Ville is a huge department store on the rue de Rivoli

paris
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

The exact address is 52 rue de Rivoli

their website is http://www.bhv.fr/

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

Thank you, that was very nice of you to look it up for me!

: )

Southern California
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

Hiya Blues Holiday!!

Oh girl, I feel your PAIN! When we were there for a month we brought out hot curlers, etc...and the "supposed" adapters and converters, and just like you, they either never got hot, or made odd sounds that caused us to freak and unplug it PRONTO! (what is UP with that!!!)

I was suffering too, from major lack of quality STIFF hairspray products. What the French call "firm" hold is more like crepe/tissue paper fluttering in a mild breeze!

Well, I do have something positive to offer!......I stayed in the 18th arrondisment, and I saw an electronics shop that sold flat irons and hairdryers! Take the #2 Metro line and exit at "Anvers"...when exiting the station, walk to the right, along Blvd de Rochechouart (The obviously busy side of the street, too)...and you will come across this shop on a corner. The items are on display in the window.

Good luck and great hair in your near future!!

lasscass

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hair products/supply in the 5th

Norween2 and Lasscass,

thanks sooo much for the tips! I was able to walk down to the SUPER fabulous BHV and buy a blowdryer and a flat iron. Lots to choose from and such a great store. Plus the bonus was walking by Notre Dame and St.Germain.

Frizz will be tamed soon.

Thanks again!