We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Louis,Mauritius
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help

hi,I will reach Paris on 8/12/12 at 19hrs,please tell me what do i do to go to Lyon. Explain to me how to take a flight or a train please,thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help

Are you landing at Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Orly Airport (ORY)?

If it's Charles de Gaulle, you have a train direct from the Airport at 21.16 which will get you into Lyon (Part-Dieu) at 23.24, and Lyon (Perrache) a few minutes later.

Edited: 1:13 pm, November 18, 2012
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help

Hello!

You should be more specific in your post title about your needs...that way you might have more answers.

'Help' os a bit vague.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,074 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help

For the best prices, book direct with the train operator immediately. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Port Louis,Mauritius
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: help

am landing at Orly Airport at 18 20,do we have any flight or train to go to lyon on 8/12/12.thx.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help

The last train of the day to Lyon departs at 19h53. You could possibly make it if:

- your plane is not big and you are able to get through immigration control, pick up your luggage, pass through customs and be out of the airport before 19h00.

- you take a taxi to Gare de Lyon, 15-20min. if the traffic is not too bad.

There are not many direct flights between Paris and Lyon and none in the evening, most people take the train. It would be less stressful to stay overnight in Paris and go to Lyon by train in the morning.

6. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 16, 2013