We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Hi.

I need to get a family of 4 from Paris to Nice. I am aware that we could drive, take a bus or train.

I am also aware of Easyjet whose prices at the moment for our time of travel are cheaper than the train.

Are there any other discount airlines that fly between Paris and Nice that I can investigate?

Thank you!

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,248 reviews
from $105.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
660 reviews
from $108.13*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,945 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

If you buy your train tickets when they go on sale, 3 months before travel, you can go from Paris to Nice for €25. The best easyJet price I can find is around €50.

According to www.skyscanner.net the only cheap airline flying direct from Paris to Nice is easyJet.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid the possibility of being transferred to RailEurope, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

newlifeca
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Airfrance has some pretty competitve flights from Orly to Nice. You may want to check their website.

newlifeca
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

I just checked the Airfrance site, they are about 59 Euros on way.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Well I usually check out Easyjet and Vueling for cheap flights, not sure if Vueling does that route though.. I have also taken the train, and I bought my ticket on a idTGV website, and got a first class ticket for 40 euros for this past summer, rates are even cheaper in off season. Buy WELL in advance, basically I bought the day the tickets came out on market.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

When are you going? Bear in mind that the train takes you from the middle of Paris to Nice Centre. Going by plane, you have to get to the airport in Paris and then from the airport in Nice. Taking into account time, buses/taxis, stress, I opt for train. I wouldn't consider driving. Hire a car in Nice if you need to

Edited: 4:50 am, October 30, 2012
Tonawanda NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

How about from Paris to Monte Carlo? All of my research shows train fares around $256, and plane fare on AirFrance to Nice at over $200. I am looking at a Sunday in June, 2013. What am I doing wrong?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,955 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

It's too early to look for train fare for June 2013. Tickets don't go on sale until 90 days in advance. It's probably too early to be looking for flights too.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,945 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Use the web sites referenced in my earlier response to look for train and plane prices about 3 months ahead. This will give you some idea of what is likely to be available in June.

If you are seeing train prices in dollars, you are using the wrong site.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Those prices you are seeing are ridiculus, and obviously not from idTGV or TGV site but maybe some middle man like RailEurope. First off as nick says, prices wouldn't be in dollars,, the offical sites are in euros... and secondly you wouldn't be able to look a price up for those dates yet anyways.. as I said, I paid 40 euros for first class.. . When we were in Nice ( which is where we based ourselves) we took a one euro bus ride to Monaco, really fun.

Tonawanda NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Paris to Nice - options?

Thank you for your post and the link to the proper site for information. I realize that tickets do not go on sale until 3 months before but they seemed to indicate that travel to Monte-Carlo IS possible. Thank you.