We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from CDG to Orly airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from CDG to Orly airport

I need to get to Orly from Charles De Gaulle airport in December, Im flying with Airfrance and have been told we need to collect our luggage and transfer by coach/taxi, I can buy a ticket online for the Airfrance coach for 18euros.(one way)

My questions are, can I buy a cheaper ticket at the airport and is the coach stop/station covered? (thinking of the weather in Dec). Any other tips would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

The online price is E18. If you buy from the driver at the airport, the price is E20.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

If you are flying in to terminal 2A, 2B, 2C or 2D your coach stop will be between terminals 2B and 2D. The waiting space is just a narrow sidewalk, uncovered. In theory it is possible to wait for your coach inside the terminal building, in practice this is not possible. There are three coach stops in a row for the three different AF coach lines departing from CDG. The sidewalk gets filled up with waiting passengers and their luggage, you don't want to miss your coach departure because you couldn't fight your way through the crowds. This is just one of several complaints I have against the extremely bad planning of CDG.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

Thanks Iverth/Nick for you quick and helpfull message, I'll buy my tickets online and be prepared to stand out in the cold for the coach ;o(

Happy jollydays ;o)

Inverness, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

We are also planning a trip that will require a transfer in the other direction from CDG to Orly. Our trip is not until September, but I am trying to coordinate our plans now.

The flight from Chicago gets into CDG at 8:10 on Saturday morning and I am trying to decide on flight times out of Orly (heading to Ajaccio in Corsica). Obviously, we need to pick up our bags, clear immigration and customs at CDG, make the transfer and get checked in and to our gate at Orly. If we take the Air France transfer bus, how do long do you folks think I should allow?

Thanks for your input.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

I would allow an absolute minimum of 4.5 hours to clear Immigration, get luggage, and transfer to Orly.

Inverness, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

Thanks sydneynick.

With the flight schedules I am looking at I have a choice of 4-1/2 hours between flights or 7 hours. It sounds like the later flight is the safer choice.

Do you have any experience with Easy Jet.? They offer a direct flight from De Gaulle to Ajaccio but I have similar concerns about time constraints as the time between flights is only 2-1/2 hours.

Ed

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,043 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

yeah, 2-1/2 hours is a no-go in that situation, because it will take you about an hour to clear immigration, baggage claim, and customs...You then have to get to the easyjet check-in desk and get checked in at least an hour before the flight....it MIGHT happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

We had to make a similar transfer (CDG_Orly) last year. We had about 4 hours. We looked at the transfer bus, talked about possible delays, missing the bus etc. In the end we decided on a taxi -It cost us about 60 euros; we felt that the difference in cost was worth the peace of mind.

jhgrady

Inverness, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

Thanks sunshine. I thought the connection would be too tight.

We were looking at the taxi as an option as well. The cost doesn't seem a whole lot more that buying two bus tickets, but with the traffic uncertainties of traffic, is it definitely quicker?

10. Re: transfer from CDG to Orly airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 14, 2013