We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

Hi all,

i submitted my tax refund form (after stamp by the officer) by dropping into the "refund box" at CDG airport, France on 2nd June. But, however, until now, i still did not receive the refund to my credit card.

How long time, do the Tax Refund normally take? it has been 1 month, which quite worry me.

Thank you.

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,903 Reviews
from $39.60*
$44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,295 Reviews
from $109.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

At least one billing cycle. Maybe two or three.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
1 review
2. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

From experience (on a French CC), generally 4 to 6 weeks. Not sure how much more on a foreign CC.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

On a French credit card it is faster (4-6 weeks) and you don't loose on the currency exchange.

On a foreign credit card (I don't do it anymore though), it used to be 2 or 3 months and the rate for euro was significantly lower than the actual exchange rate (e.g. 1,15 euro per CDN dollar when the street rate is closer to 1,35 euros per CDN dollar).

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
4. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

ok, my concern is would there be any timeline that i need to raise complaint/notification to the authority that i am yet to receive the tax refund.

i will wait until week 6, hopefully, i will get my tax refund soon. :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
23,151 posts
109 reviews
5. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

From what I understand there is the option of collecting it in cash at the airport but that the lines can move very slowly for this so people often decide to do it with credit card. I think since you are not from france you will wait longer then 4-6 weeks, as yymca6 said, for foriegn cards it can take 2-3 months. It is not the best system.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,936 posts
102 reviews
6. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

We have always gotten the refund in about 6 weeks. Only once has it taken a couple billing cycles, and that was when we were in Italy.

Melbourne Australia.
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

I feel four months isa reasonable time to wait!

with nowhere to inquire ....it becomes a ripoff ,I will move on and wont bother next time.

Love Paris but it seems Government Departments often fail and forget most places!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
95 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

Mine took 1-3 months. Again it depends on the merchant. Refund for my Chanel purchase was within a month while LV took slight longer, and Hard Rock even longer. Hope that helps.

Sydney
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

I lodged mine early March this year and it finally hit my account in September!!!

Dubai
1 post
1 review
10. Re: How long time do DeTax (Tax refund) to credit card take?

hello, i wanted to ask if i did the right thing at the tax refund office they stamped the papers and gave me an envelope to put them in and the lady just told me to drop it in the mail box. Was that the right thing or i was to get a stamp or anything else? it has been close to a month so i am worried.

please advice

thankyou