We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Arkansas
Level Contributor
358 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

I didn't want to put all of it here but I've started posting a day-by-day blog covering our glorious trip to Paris last week. Today I've posted Day 1 and here's the link for anyone who would like to read it. I'll be posting a new day each day this week so if you like it please check back.

Enjoy! I know we did! :)

http://keithandthemovies.wordpress.com/

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Nice, can't wait to read more.

B

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
426 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Good stuff! Would love to see some pics of the food too.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
358 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Stay tuned! Food pics coming soon! lol!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Great blog, Keith! I can't believe how much you did on your very first day. Can't wait to read more.

I also loved your posts on the Midnight in Paris scenes and your favourite Paris movie scenes.

Thanks for sharing with us. Sounds like you had a great trip and have been bitten by the Paris bug!

Jo

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,995 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Aloha from Kaua'i!

As someone who has only visited Paris twice (and looking forward to my 3rd trip in September!) - your first impressions are things that I can definitely relate to - the sense of history and character of the city and your first time in Europe (mine was in 2010) are pretty overwhelming! The sheer feeling of navigating the CDG airport successfully is amazing, no? lol

I love hearing French spoken so much that even though I really can't follow much of a "real" converation - I turn on the radio at night when we are there to a French talk radio station - because the sound of the language is so beautiful to me! Hearing it spoken as you sit at a cafe or anywhere for that matter is amazing, isn't it? You really know you "are there"!!

As to "Midnight in Paris' - I adore it, I've seen it more times than I can count and almost every single time I find myself tear-ing up during that 4 minute montage of Paris scenes at the beginning - so beautiful and something that now you are there, you will always be able to relate to.

I very much enjoy reading your first impressions of a place that far, far exceeded my own very high expectations of it on my first visit - and second visit - and waiting anxiously for my third in a couple months!

Have a blast and keep updating us please!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Arkansas
Level Contributor
358 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Hey thanks so much Janet. Day 2 is written and will be posted tomorrow. So glad people are enjoying my ramblings. Iol

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
336 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Love the blog - I signed up for updateS (love movies too!)

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
515 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Enjoying your TR can't wait for more, love your writing style. It's as if we can feel your romantasism (is that even a word?) with the city.

It is how I have always envisioned my first trip to Paris will be. It makes it especially hard to wait for next spring.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
358 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Just finished writing Day 5. It's fun writing and remembering all of the details of our wonderful trip.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
358 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Paris trip Journal - Day by day...

Day 2 is posted - same link!