We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guinguette

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
guinguette

Can anyone recommend a guinguette in the paris area with good food and music that is reasonably priced .thanks, thomas lll

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guinguette

Try Chez Louisette:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227615-…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,792 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guinguette

we have been to two -- both fun -- food so so but fine -- we had more fun at the first one -- you can see my accounts at www.janettravels.wordpress.com

look under Paris Day Trips and then

Guinquette -- Traveling Back in Time (this is the La Guinguette Auvergnate at Villeneuve Triage)

A Day in the Country -- Champigny sur Marne (this is the guinquette Isle Martin Pecheur)

Reservations are a must and the prime time is lunch Saturday or Sunday -- the second is more elaborate and better known and there is a big band and an indoor dance floor. We felt more part of things and more welcomed at the first where we were the only tourists among family groups.

We highly recommend strolling the area afterwards but remember with RER tickets that you have to have specific tickets outside of Paris -- we walked along the Seine from Villeneuve Triage to the next RER station -- and our tickets would not work to get back -- we were in the same zone -- but RER tickets are point to point -- so we had to scrape up change to buy new ones from the machine as there was no sales clerk. It is great to take the walk but be sure you have change to get your return ticket or else plan ahead when you buy the tickets to get there.

We really had a good time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guinguette

I live in the town where l'Île du Martin-pêcheur is located and there is another guinguette just up the river from there called Chez Gégène that has a large dance hall and is usually quite crowded on the weekends:

http://www.chez-gegene.fr/

http://www.guinguette.fr/

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guinguette

Those sound just wonderful! We will try for one this October, if they are open that late in the season.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,792 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guinguette

we also did an evening sing along thing at a tavern in Belleville above the park called Le Vieux Belleville (also reported on the blog -- touristy to be sure -- but there were no American tourists the night we were there -- the people to the left of us were from NOrmandy and lovely people -- the people to the right of us were Parisians with Belgian guests )-- the food was fine and the evening was fun if you like sing alongs with a chanteuse and song sheets -- I would have preferred jus listening to a singer of traditional French songs but my husband loves to sing and had a great time

and the walk back to the metro after viewing Paris from the overlook over Parc Belleville was lovely

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guinguette

I normally agree with Happy Goin, but I really dislike Chez Louisette. IMHO, it's a tourist trap in the middle of the flea market with lousy food...and I hate to say it....but there was a big cockroach on my table when I was there a few years back. I think the guinguettes just outside the city limits look better, although I admit to not having gone to them yet (maybe this October).

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guinguette

Nuts, I wasn't advocating Chez Louisette, in fact have never been. But it's the only thing close to a guinguette I've ever heard of in Paris proper. I agree that the ones outside the city look far better...in fact they look like loads of fun. I'd like to visit one sometime.

8. Re: guinguette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, June 21, 2013