We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normandy tour from Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Normandy tour from Paris

We will be in Paris for a week next month. We have 1 free day Can you tell the name of a company that offers tours to Normandy from Paris?

USA
Level Contributor
89 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Viator has one on their site:

viator.com/tours/…d479-2050NP

jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Our son used Link Paris last summer for the one day trip and he was very impressed.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,957 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Viator is a third party agent.

Have a look at tours offered by Paris Vision and Cityrama.

You might also want to check the Normandy forum.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

This post will help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187070-i12-k51744…

I recommend traveling to Bayeux the night before you take a D Day tour. This will allow you to take a full day tour, and Bayeux is lovely. If you can work this into your plans, you will find lodging in Bayeux to be significantly less than what you might pay for a room in Paris. The tours end around 6:00 pm, so it is possible to travel back to Paris after your tour. If a day is all you have for Normandy, consider traveling to Bayeux and hiring a private guide who can meet you at the train station or search the links on the post for half day tours.

Viator and Link Paris are going to charge you more for travel and tours than what you can book on your own. Link Paris, specifically, charges you $90 for train fare from Paris and if you book in advance, you will find fares for the same route for less than half that cost. The tour costs $170, and most group tours in Normandy are, again, about half that rate.

There are some quirks that befall Americans when we view schedules and book from our US based computers, and this post will help you avoid some of those problems:

tripadvisor.com/…38278801

Have a great trip!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

This is a better link that contains the text of the post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187179-i607-k5174…

The other is a cross link on another forum.

Sorry! :-)

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
978 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

I am about to use France Tourisme. Will report on my experience.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

We cannot travel the night before, I would like to take the train and try it on our own but my husband thinks that we may get lost?! I need to get step by step on what to do, should I get the train ticket ahead of time, should I make tour reservations for the afternoon or can we just get there and find a tour?!

HELP!

Cheswick,Pa.
Level Contributor
55 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Below is from an eariler post of mine, hope it helps.

We stayed in Paris and did a day trip to Normandy Beaches. The tour company assisted with train tickets, transfers to the 1st meeting place before the tour started. I would recommend this tour to anyone. While writing this, I asked my wife if she liked the Normandy tour and train ride and her reply was "Heck Yeah!" she continued "I was whining to everyone at work about how you were taking me to see holes in the ground and war junk, but after the tour you could not get me to leave". Now if that is not a recommendation then nothing is. We both really enjoyed the tour and the guide was very helpful. The beaches, country side and especially American cemetery are something to see. The link below is who we used. Your day will be long but on the way to and from the tours starting point you can nap on the train.

Enjoy your trip!!

BVnLJ

www.linkparis.com/normandy-dday-tour.htm

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Bayeux is small and it isn't difficult to plan this on your own. The train station to the Tapestry Museum is at most a five minute walk. Do a Google Maps "Walking Directions" and you'll feel better about this.

Train schedules are posted ninety days from your travel, and if you book at that time, you will get the best fares. The tours out of Bayeux are by minivan, so the number of passengers is small. You want to book a tour as far in advance as you can. If a private guide fits your budget, contact those companies and see what you get. If you want a half day group tour, search the sights and book what appeals to you. You are likely to find that a private guide and booking your train travel is likely to be within range of the cost for most Paris based packages. However, make sure that you understand who provides the transportation.

Here is a review from a TA member about how she made the trip in a single day:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187181-i947-k4586…

AAL08 is a regular TA poster, and if she doesn't join in on this topic, you might want to Private Message her for more information.

You can do this!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Normandy tour from Paris

Frank, would be very interested in hearing your report back,, I get a daytrip is not the best option, but its the only one I have( my other days are accounted for) and FranceTourisme has the best prices. Its a big bus tour,, so I figure most big bus tours are similar, so if I can get it for less I will be happy enough( as long as you don't say it was crap, lol )