We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

I am considering a holiday to Paris from Toronto.

Don't know what the advantage of flying into CDG airport versus Orly?

Is one more expensive than the other?

Any info would be greatly appreciated?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

Orly is somewhat closer to the centre of the city, however, it's not as easy to make the trip.

Orly is smaller, but because it's smaller and closer to the city, doesn't have anywhere near the number of available flights and times.

There's no price difference to speak of.

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

Thank you for this quick response.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

Personnaly, I prefer Orly because it's (much) smaller, less crowded, you lose less time and it's more convenient for me to where I live; but it's true that it's less straightforward via public transport (unless taking the Air France coach if it's convenient for you depending on where you go to). Taxi would be a bit cheaper if you go to Paris Left Bank.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,546 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

I too prefer Orly. It's generally easier to find your way and taking a taxi into Paris is about half the price of what it costs from CDG.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,899 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

HI

from Toronto you probably will not find direct flights that land at Orly. you may get options to Orly on 1 or 2 stop flight. You also want to look at the Air transat web site; since it will not show up on search engines like expedia and kayak.

They land at CDG but terminal 3 which is much smaller and real easy but not as convenient if you want to take the RER (train) into Paris.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,689 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

public transport is cheaper from CDG slightly; taxis are more expensive since it is farther out. Orly public transport is more complicated and expensive but taxis are cheaper. it doesn't matter which you choose -- I'd base it on the convenience and cost of the flight.

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

Great info and many thanks!

8. Re: Airport questions - is one more costly than the other?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, May 27, 2013