We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reversing call chages¬!!!

ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Reversing call chages¬!!!

Hey guys, anyone know how to reverse the call charges when making a calll to somewhere outside of france?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reversing call chages¬!!!

Sorry Kevinos but I dont but I am topping this in case someone who does know sees it.

Paris
Level Contributor
317 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reversing call chages¬!!!

I found the following information. I think there are instructions inside phone booths on how to get an international operator for several countries. It is very expensive, and a phone card might be a better option for you.

Collect Calls

To avoid payment altogether, you can, of course, make a reverse charge or collect call — known in French as téléphoner en PCV — by contacting the international operator. You can also do this through the operator in the U.K., by dialing the Home Direct number 08.00.89.00.33; to get an English-speaking operator for North America, dial "00.00.11". The charges for collect calls can be outrageously high, and are best reserved for the most dire of emergencies, or for calling a very understanding and generous relative!

ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reversing call chages¬!!!

lol...call card it is then...thanks!

Monterey Bay area...
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reversing call chages¬!!!

Louie LI

Thanks for the information about making collect calls. I sure hope not to need it, but it's comforting to have it in case of emergency.