We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Confused-Dinner

Melbourne
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Very Confused-Dinner

Being a 1st time traveller to Paris, I would like to have dinner at The Eiffel Tower. I know it is very expensive -but am wondering if you book at Altitude 58 do you need to also buy an entry ticket to go up to the restaurant. (Is there a special line to obtain this ticket and quick entry up to the restaurant). Are you able to go to the summit after you have eaten? If I were to dine at Jules Verne would I need to purchase an entry ticket for this restaurant? Alternatively, can you recommend a nice restaurant with great views to The Eiffel Tower , and perhaps we could then have cocktails at the summit instead-I presume a ticket is needed to be purchased to do this also. Your advice would be appreciated

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

I know nothing about it other than what I've read recently, but this sounds like a very interesting new bar with a great view. concorde-lafayette.com/en/…la-vue.aspx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,441 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

Le Jules Verne has its own dedicated elevator. You must have a booking and when you arrive they check your name as they would at any restaurant then whisk you off to the restaurant proper where you are greeted by a brigade of waiters. You are allowed to step out on deck from the restaurant.

I have not dined at Altitude 58 but here is the appropriate page from the website

restaurants-toureiffel.com/static/…index.html

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

I had lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel but I didn't have a reservation in advance. I did buy a special ticket, went to the designated "restaurant" line and got to the front of the line up.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

The previous advices are very good; but just in case something goes wrong with one or the other restaurants on ET, here's an alternative: lesombres-restaurant.com/restaurant/the-plac… - you won't be on Eiffel Tower but will see it from a very nice place and have a very nice meal.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

I haven't been to Les Ombres but have heard good things about it and the view of the Eiffel Tower is supposed to be very good.

We had a very special lunch at the Jules Verne last month and I wrote a blog post about it that details which elevator to use, etc. and shows pictures of the food and view:

…blogspot.com/2012/01/le-jules-verne-restaur…

As for the Concorde Lafayette (mentioned above), The view of the ET and the city is beautiful. It would probably take you about 15 minutes to get there from the center (Notre Dame) of Paris. Here's a link for a post with photos:

…blogspot.com/2011/05/view-from-panoramic-ba…

Edited: 1:41 am, February 01, 2012
6. Re: Very Confused-Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 02, 2013