We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripmasters.com

Columbia
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
tripmasters.com

Posting this to this part of the site now...has anyone used www.tripmasters.com? I think it is an American company. They have great prices so trying to see if they are legit. Also, if anyone has, can you take out parts, like just fly and not use the hotel part on any portion of the trip??

56 replies to this topic
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tripmasters.com

How do you know they have "great prices"? Have you priced the components separately directly through the airline, hotel?

I just tested random dates from Boston in April for a 7 night stay and selected a hotel with which I am familiar. The outbound flights are Air Canada with a connection, returning flights with Swiss air with a "warning tight connection" returning. The total package price for two people is $2923.

I can book direct non-stop flights with Air France ($1622) and the same hotel ($1173) for $2795.

Why would you book and pay for a package if it does not exactly suit your needs?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tripmasters.com

Google is a persons friend,, use it,, I simply googled Tripmasters reviews and found many sites that review it,, I did not read them all though, but the BBB in the city they are based has no lodged complaints or judgements against them. This does not mean they are a better way then doing it yourself, you will likely find cheaper and better options doing it yourself,, it just means they are in fact a registered company and not some back room company.

Google and google,, read and read,, there are many sources for this type of answers.

Columbia
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tripmasters.com

Thanks for the input. My aunt, whom I am travelling with, had started the search. She has never been to Europe and is feeling "more comfortable" going with a company as we are going in "blind". Unfortunately, I do not have the time to go through every flight/hotel combination there is out there and she does not have the patience for it. We are doing a quick trip (probably 10 days) and want to go to at least London, Paris and the Netherlands. I lived in the Netherlands almost 20 years ago so may have people to stay with, thus may not need a hotel there. I don't know good (reasonably priced) hotels to stay at in any of the cities or even what areas to stay in. Any suggestions on where to start to do all of this on my own, I'd appreciate...but that is the reason for going with a company AND it seemed less expensive from the quick checks I have done.

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tripmasters.com

Hello

I believe they are related to www.europeandestinations.com

We have friend who traveled last November to Greece/Turkey with no problems. I have booked with them. I DID price my components individually (airfare direct with airline) and hotels direct. I am saving approx $600Usd + bkfast is included with hotels (at least I can get my morning coffee) if not much else. They also let you stagger the payments that is convinient for me.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tripmasters.com

Personally, I can't imagine leaving the flights to random suggestions and spending extra hours in the air or making connections or the inconvenience of "warning tight connection" and possibly missing the connecting flight, versus spending some leisure time at home searching for flights on your own.

Same goes for hotels. It's easy enough to choose and book a well located, well priced, appealing, hotel right here on TA fairly quickly.

If your aunt has never been to Europe, three countries in ten days is actually a lot, especially when you consider that you have to deduct arrival day and departure day along with days to travel from one destination to the next.

I think anyone here will tell you that the time spent on research and planning your trip is well worth the effort.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tripmasters.com

This was first time I booked my Australia trip from tripmasters.com and I was very disappointed.

When I booked my package from them I didn’t know that they are part of Tripadvisor.com. After I paid, I found out. I thought I was buying a great deal from Tripmaster.com and turned out not so great at all.

I had questions, so I emailed so many times to them, but sometimes they replied in few days and sometime no reply at all.

My hotels were overcharged in my package. I checked hotel website directly after I booked my package from them and found out that the same hotel is not only cheaper they include free breakfast if I had booked directly from them. Tripmasters was charging around $15 extra to add breakfast.

The airport shuttle I booked from Tripmasters was $1 more I paid then if I had booked directly myself.

No wonder that they don’t have review site.

Anyway, it was a huge mistake booking from them. Very disoppointed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,314 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tripmasters.com

the idea that some tour company is more likely to find a lovely hotel you will enjoy that is well located better than you would seems odd. tour companies are notorious for their tourist hotel choices that are either not central or are shoddy. and I for one, insist on direct flights -- tour companies look for cheap ones.

you aren't 'safer' going with a tour company than booking a flight and hotel on your own. if you want tours in an area, there are always local companies that run them. we had no trouble finding a day tour for example of the Normandy beaches and it was one of the rare times that although we had a car, we did want to leave the planning and driving to someone else.

8. Re: tripmasters.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, August 07, 2014

9. Re: tripmasters.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, August 07, 2014

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tripmasters.com

Flick, 3 posts in one day touting the same company is starting to look like spam.

Reply to: tripmasters.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted