We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

Dhahran
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

Hi there ... can anyone recommend hotels in Paris with disability access (wheelchair) - ideally located close to Rue Brey, 75017 Paris would be great ....

Other recommendations/tips for getting around Paris in a wheelchair will also be very grateful.

Thank you

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $103.40*
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

I can't help you with the hotel problem, but I could suggest that the buses in Paris offer a much better option for getting about than the Metro. Most, if not all, buses are equipped for handicapped travelers, and one does not need to contend with the stairs and lack of elevators on the Metro system.

I did a search on Fodors for "wheelchair access Paris", as I remembered a thread on the subject. There were a number of hits. This is one: fodors.com/community/europe/wheelchair-acces… A search of TA might also give more information.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

I can see why you would like a hotel near Rue Brey especially if you are flying Ryanair get off the bus and walk to your hotel down Avenue Aimee but the hotels on Brey look small so you would want one with a lift so you would have to check on that first look up the hotels on Booking.Com.I agree with nukesafe about the buses I have only used the metro once in Paris travel everywhere by bus and you would have a lot of choice around Rue Brey but ave Wagram might be a better choice rue brey leads on to it. If you look up Rue Brey then go into street view you will be able to see all the hotels around that area.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
982 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

You'll find some useful information here: …parisinfo.com/museums-monuments-paris/…

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,820 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

TA has a forum on traveling with disabilities. Here's a link to the threads that come up when you do a search using the key word Paris.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

5. Re: Disabled friendly hotels in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 05, 2013