We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

I am considering an apartment near 9 rue Paul Louis Courier in the 7th ARR - is there anything you wonderful people can tell me about our choice of locations? I'm looking for something low budget (around $100USD/night) and family friendly - we will traveling with an 18-month old, a three year old, myself, my husband and my mother (who gets around great). I don't mind being in a quiet area, low key is fine for this trip, I just don't want to be far away from things.

I've never done an apartment in Paris, but after reading the forums, I thought it was our best option on our budget. It has a washing machine and two beds.

Thanks so much! I can't wait until our upcoming trip!!!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $104.10*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

The address is just off Bve St-Germain, so there would be plenty of nearby restaurants. Go to maps.google.com and put in the address. Then grab the little yellow man at top left and drag him to the address. You will then get Streetview and you can"walk" around the area.

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

I lived on this street. It is very quiet and there is very litle through traffic. It is very near the rue du Bac metro. There are a few non-descript cafes at the end of the street and there was (when I was there) a low end Italian resto with decent pizza. There is a very nice resto which is part of The Duc du Saint Simon Hotel (? ferme du Duc Simon). They used to have a very nice set meal which was cheaper if you sent before 7pm. There is a nice cheese shop on rune du Bac. I think it is a great area. Almost all the apt buildings are Hausman buildings with high ceilings and big windows which I loved.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

Nice location in St-Germain area, close to metro and the Seine... Be sure the place can accommodate this many people though, there is normally a given maximum and the kids count.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
982 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

If you found an apartment for around $100/night, it's a (very) good bargain for the location. It's a very quiet street not far from a metro station and within easy walking distance to the center of Saint-Germain district and the river Seine. I must say that I'm a bit surprised to know that there are apartments for 4 people at this price in this area (many embassies, consulates and government departments around). If you want to spend all the money saved, you could go to the restaurant Atelier de Joel Robuchon which is not far...

Edited: 8:42 pm, January 04, 2012
oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

Thank you so much for the feedback! Can't wait to start planning the details! These forums are fantastic and I appreciate all the help.

Google maps is a great idea.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

I agree that careful consideration would be required. Have you checked the size of the apartment, whether flights of stairs are involved, whether it can reasonably comfortably accommodate three adults and two children? Are that many people allowed in this apartment with "two beds"?

$100/night for an apartment in that neighborhood is highly suspicious.

And, please know that you must disclose the total number of people. If you don't, you'll likely not be handed the keys and lose any deposit you paid. You cannot assume that small children can sleep with you, in sleeping bags, etc., as maximum occupancy limits are followed.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

Thanks for your posts - I will look at the size of the apartment closely. There is also a "sleeping cot" for our little one, if we need it. Otherwise, there is a queen bed (me and husband) and a full-size pullout out (mom & 3 year old). There are plenty of nights at home where three of us (my, husband, and 3 YO) all sleep in a queen bed, so we are used to snuggling.

There are two flights of stairs, unfortunately, but I think we'll be okay. Taht is a concern for me, but he apartment itself is a flat (no stairs inside). Ask me when I get back if we totally regret the stairs!

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

thanks sydneynick - The google maps idea is SO COOL! I'm going to do this for all my hotels from now on. I LOVE IT!

I really appreciate this suggestion. We are traveling to Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and maybe Luxemburg on our trip - I think I will be spending a lot of time on google maps. Didn't know you could "walk the streets" like that!

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

Hi, r. Paul-Louise Courier is nxt to the Rue du Bac station and one of the bus lines is the #63, both give u great access to everything. The street is at 1 min (or less) from Bd Saint-Germain des Pres, there are several coffee shops, fromageries, boulangeries and charcuteries around the corner. You can take the bus (63) to get onto the student area of St Germain (near Odeon, St Michel or Luxembourg). I used to live on the other side between Quai Anatole France & Bd Saint-Germain.

The 7eme and te 16eme arrondisements are the ones known as upscale. In the are of the 16eme preferantly something near the Eiffel Tower or the Trocadero (Passy/Auteuil are too far from the fun)...

When your traveling w/three adults might be preferable to have 2 beds and 2 baths...studios tend to be very small, mainly if your traveling w/little ones too.

Hope my opinion helps you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: neighborhood question - rue Paul Louis Courier

have you taken the trip yet? I think i am looking at the same apt for late sept...did you find it on homeaway?