We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple more questions....

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
A couple more questions....

I love this forum I would be lost without it but I still have a couple last minute questions

How long of a taxi ride is it from CDG airport to the 6th in Paris?

As far as packing we are trying to just bring carry on luggage does the stores in Paris sell American type hair products?

I wanted also to reserve a taxi to return to the airport is there a number I can call? Thanks:)

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple more questions....

A taxi would typically run 45-55€ depending on traffic - - there is 1€ or so charge for bags loaded... the ride usually takes 35-45 minutes.

You can buy actual American products in Monoprix as well as French labels. Perhaps not a full array such as you would find in your own grocer...

You can call the English reservation line for G7 taxis:

01 41 27 66 99

taxisg7.com/reservation-taxi/reservation-tax…

- - note that a taxi called to a pick-up location will usually arrive with some time already on the meter (possibly up to 10€ or so)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple more questions....

There's also interesting info in this recent thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k50029…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple more questions....

Thanks for the help!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,787 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple more questions....

definitely reserve the day before on the G7 English line but be aware that not only will there be time on the meter when it arrives, but there will be a 5 Euro charge for reserving AND if it arrives early it will charge for the minutes it waits.

no avoiding this really -- it is not safe to wait until the morning to try to get a taxi as there is a bit of a shortage for airport cabs during rush hours.

it takes about an hour to get in by train including waiting time and walk to the final destination.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple more questions....

Try some of the hair products you are not familiar with,, many of them may be BETTER then the stuff you use at home, I find this to be true with many beauty /hygiene type items.. especially skin care products,, the French woman takes care of the basics of beauty better then the north american in many cases,, they seem to focus more on HAVING beautiful healthy skin and hair,, instead of covering it up with tons of gooey make up products and faking it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple more questions....

call ..

Mr. Lee Taxi

0632501804 i use him every time..when i am in Paris

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple more questions....

Why call for a private taxi when there are metered and regulated taxis waiting at taxi stand at airport,, always a reliable bet,, and the price as I said is metered and regulated..

Robinson,, why use a private taxi company??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A couple more questions....

,,Robinson,, why use a private taxi company??"

No...Joan1..it is not a private taxi company...

Just one perfect gentleman from the taxi stand at the airport.

he speaks english, french, and chinese.

you can have a wonderful conversation from the airport to your destination.

you can call him in advance when you are going back to the airport to go home. He have a brand new Lancia SUV enough for 4 people and lots of luggage. Same metered and regulated....

minneapolis
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: A couple more questions....

Does this "one perfect gentleman" happen to be you, Robinson?

Edited: 1:54 pm, December 18, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A couple more questions....

Your idiotic comment makes me not want to give advice or help people anymore on this forum.