We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in paris at the end of march

Washington, D.C.
1 post
Save Topic
weather in paris at the end of march

My wife and I are thinking about getting away to Europe the last week of March. I am keen to visit, but she thinks it might be a bit cold. Can we expect the weather to be more like winter or spring?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

I guess it depends on where you're going...We visited Paris toward the end of March one year and it was a little chilly..wore wools and cashmere, but not so cold that I didn't get a cafe tan sitting in the sun in the parks and cafes...It could be mild if you are lucky...The only certainty is that it'll be unpredictable and changeable...

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

We went last year for the last week in March. I wore sweaters and jeans and usually got a little too warm when walking around in the afternoon. There were a couple of days when I wore a lightweight shirt and a leather jacket, but I never felt like I was freezing cold. I would say just check a weather website a day or so before you leave and get the 5 day forecast. In my opinion, it was definitely more like Spring than Winter.

Keaau, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

We were just there in mid to late February and if March weather is anything like Feb. bring your umbrella and a warm coat. It wasn't like the frozen tundra, we actually enjoyed it. We were coming from Arizona and hadn't seen rain in over 100 days. The big benifit from going in the low season is there are less lines and crowds for the attractions and you can walk into a restaurant without a reservation. I think it is more uncomfortable in the summer staying in a hotel without AC on the hot days.

Alabama
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

I read recently that the weather in Paris is similiar to the weather in Boston during late March and early April... That would be around 30 to 50 degrees would it not? How about the rain fall in Paris for April 1, historically?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

The difference is that in Boston in late March, it can be really hot (80 degrees), or really cold (35 degrees).

In Paris, we've generally found March and April weather, even May weather, to stay in a narrow, bone-chillingly cold range of 52 to 62 degrees, with hefty doses of rain. Even a sunny day will struggle to reach 60 degrees.

And as many times as we've been to Paris, swapping March to May won't improve the weather experience much, if at all. It isn't until early to mid-June that the warm weather arrives.

Bring wool clothing, scarfs, sweaters and above all, bring hand-warming gloves.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

We visit Paris every May, and have yet to experience bad or cold weather. It's always been mild and sunny. Maybe we've just gotten lucky the last several years?

jif
ky
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

We just got back (3-6 to3-9) and it was cold and wet. On Wenesday the 8th it was a little warmer in the afternoon. Just dress in layers. I took a jacket and left the lining out but wish I would have taken it with me or better yet I should have take my winter coat. But I tend to be cold alot. My husband wore his long underwear shirt under his long sleeve shirt and a jacket. He was fine. My daughter wore hooded sweatshirts under her coat. Hope this helps alittle. Bren from Ky.

atlanta
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=paris+france

I love the above website because you can look up weather history for a specific date!!! I agree you should dress in layers and bring a coat and scarf. Although Paris weather is very fickle, I have noticed a trend in the history that weather temps do seem to move slightly upward late March with daytime temps anywhere from mid 40s-70 F, average of 50sF. Of course, I am traveling to Paris late March too and I am hoping for a few spring-like days!!

Warrington...
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

this year it is very cold in UK and so likely to be cold in Paris. Suggest you have some warm clothes and also something waterproof, but paris is always beautiful and you will enjoy.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,088 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in paris at the end of march

Spring has sprung. Daffodils are blooming in the local park and the terraces are overflowing. There may be cold days ahead, but spring absolutely in the air.