We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tours?

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tours?

Can anyone tell me which company do the best walking tours of Paris? Looking for something that covers the main tourist sights. Also can anyone advise whether the Da Vinci Code walking tour is worth the money?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tours?

I've had great tours with Paris Walks. Their tours are exploring selected Paris neighbourhoods a little beyond the "main tourist sights".

Many companies are offering guided walking tours of Paris nowadays, impossible to tell which is best, check the TA reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187147-Activiti…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tours?

There are heaps of different tours you can do. We enjoyed using http://www.paris-walks.com/

Santa Fe NM
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tours?

I have heard there are some "free" walks" - where you pay "tip" after what you think these are worth. Any feedback on these?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tours?

The best, I don't know and can't tell. But I've had very positive experience with Paris Walks, very good guide, very professional, with an in-depth knowledge of several parts of Paris and its culture and history.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,796 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tours?

I don't know which is The best company, but we really liked Discover Walks' free tour of Montmartre. This was a much more interesting and informative walk than the one we went on a few years ago, with Sandemans Tours.

discoverwalks.com/paris/paris-landmarks-tour/

6. Re: Walking tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 am, June 20, 2013