We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris bike rental

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paris bike rental

I would like to spend a day exploring the new network of bicycle routes in Paris. I will be staying in the 10e arrondisement, so would like to find a bicycle rental place in that area. Also, does anyone have a link to a good map of the cycle routes? Are paper versions available in Paris?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris bike rental

paris.fr/loisirs/velo/paris-d-un-plan-qui-ai…

2. Re: Paris bike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:14 pm, November 10, 2015
Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris bike rental

Here are 3 places you can rent bikes:

Allo Vélo - 14 rue Poissonnière at the corner of rue Beauregard www.allovelo.com. This company has the best quality and widest selection of rental bikes. The website is under construction so you should just walk in and see them in person.

www.parisbiketour.net

www.parisvelosympa.com

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris bike rental

Just another observation. The map of bike routes shown in the above link comes with a caveat. It does show the dedicated bike lanes and also shows those bike lanes that are shared with bus lanes. However, what it doesn't show you is the number of bike lanes (in the hundreds) that are shared with traffic. If you just stick to the routes shown in the map you will miss an awful lot of what there is to see in Paris. I bike in Paris all the time and I know for someone not familiar with biking in crowded urban areas the thought of doing so can be intimidating. But people driving here expect to see bikes in the road and if you are alert and have a good sense of street smarts there is no reason you can't bike on any street, regardless of whether or not it has a dedicated bike lane. And when you move to the outer arrondissements you will find many roads that have very little traffic where you can explore off the beaten path and cover far more ground than you could on foot. Don't be afraid to venture off the bike lanes. Thousands of Parisians are doing it every day.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris bike rental

Thanks all.

French_Mystique - that's a good point and I will keep it mind - I do want to see a lot of Paris! However, I am also an urban planner with an interest in sustainable transportation, so I really do want to see the bike lanes.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris bike rental

I think you'll find that Paris will provide you with a good example of how to do bike lanes right when it comes to urban transportation planning. But the bike lanes on the map are only a portion of the biking infrastructure. Those other bike lanes I mentioned that are not shown on the map are also a critical aspect of the planning and prevent those dedicated lanes and the ones shared with buses from being overcrowded. They are also critical for linking together the dedicated bike lanes. Further, many streets that are 1 way for auto traffic have bike lanes that allow for travel in the opposite direction, making it easier for bikers to get from place to place without having to take roundabout routes between point A and point B and thereby encouraging more people to ride bikes. Without the bike lanes not shown on the map those that are on the map would be far less useful.

7. Re: Paris bike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 29, 2012