We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Visite Pass

Center Point, Iowa
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Visite Pass

Will be in Paris for 5 days. Has anyone purchased the Paris Visite Pass? Was it worth it? We were looking at Zones 1-3 only, but has anyone had this then went to Versailles?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Visite Pass

<<Will be in Paris for 5 days.>>

What are the dates?

<<Has anyone purchased the Paris Visite Pass? Was it worth it?>>

Generally not.

<<has anyone had this then went to Versailles?>>

As Versailles is in zone 4, a zone 1-3 Paris Visite Pass will be of no real value for this one day. One way fare is approximately 3€.

Center Point, Iowa
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Visite Pass

Arrive in Paris May 10 early AM. Trying to decide on best way to get around, and keep in mind, this is my first visit. I'm just asking for advice. Thanks.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Visite Pass

May 10th is a Tuesday, so the best bet would be a Navigo Decouverte Pass.

The card has a one time 5 euro fee, central Paris for unlimited travel through Sunday is 18.35. If you wanted to include travel to/from CDG, Versailles and virtually anywhere else you might want to go, the zone 1-5 fare is 33.40.

Center Point, Iowa
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Visite Pass

Wow. In all my internet searches I did not run across this information. Thank you very, very much!!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,796 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Visite Pass

I agree with Sarastro. You'll need a small photo, or even photocopy of one will do, more info here:

transilien.com/web/…en

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Visite Pass

I arrive that same week but late on Wed, appears the Paris Visite pass may work best for me??? I plan to use each of the 5 days I'm there.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Visite Pass

<<Paris Visite pass may work best for me?>>

It´s your option but the Navigo Découverte pass is good from any Monday to the following Sunday. It would save you a lot of money if you purchased one on Wednesday and used it until Sunday.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
216 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Visite Pass

The Paris Visite pass did actually work for us, but we used transportation quite a bit for the 5 days we were there. We bought the zone 1-6 version to cover the airport and Fontainebleau. I did the math so see if we saved any money over buying every ticket individually, and it did work out. Of course, this is not the same experience everyone else has. It really depends on how much you plan on using transportation. I liked the convenience of being able to use it at the airport from the beginning and then using the same ticket over and over again for the next five days without standing in any lines or having to dig for change.

Idyllwild...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Visite Pass

Is it true that buying a Paris Visite Pass online is more expensive than buying it in France? Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Visite Pass

No need to buy a Paris Visite -or- a Paris Museum Pass in advance - - yes, it is more expensive and you'll incur a shipping charge.