We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loire Valley Day Trip from Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
844 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Loire Valley Day Trip from Paris

16 yrs ago we did Loire Valley on Parisvision. This time we made arrangements with Accdispo Tours. accodispo-tours.com/english/index-societe.ht… We took the TGV from Paris to Tours where we were met by Pascal. We visited Chenonceaux, Cheverny and Chambord. We thoroughly enjoyed his professionalism, his local knowledge and his sociability throughout the day.

If he proposes to stop for lunch in a small village for lunch be sure to accept. We stopped at a tiny auberge in a tiny village. The propietress was "desole" but she had electrical problems. Even so, she grabbed all her outside tables (3) and toted them across the street so we could lunch in front of the local church. We had a terrific lunch of good food, quiet atmosphere and delightful conversation with Pascal at a place we would never have stopped at on our own.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loire Valley Day Trip from Paris

I went on a day trip to the Loire Valley from Paris as well and booked my trip through LinkParis. Unluckily, I did not have such a great experience. We also caught the train and then had to wait an hour and a half for the tour to begin - there was a note on the Tourist office door telling us that the tour would start at 9.30 rather than 9.00 as we were advised. (You don't find out that there will be a one hour wait until after you have booked). We thought we were going on a one day tour but it was two half day tours sandwiched together. This meant that at lunchtime we returned to Tours in order to have a 15 minute three course lunch in the train station restaurant! Needless to say this could not be done. The guide was pleasant but not particularly informative and the van was quite dirty. LinkParis were supposed to send the train tickets to the hotel but claimed the hotel refused them. We were advised to purchase them again and they would refund us but they then refused saying it was our fault. Why they never let us know the tickets had been refused I never found out. The Loire Valley is amazing but I cannot recommend LinkParis. I booked a number of tours during my time in Paris and had no problems with Viator, Conciergerie or Fat Tire Bike tours. All these organisations were far more professional and well organised without any unpleasant surprises.

2. Re: Loire Valley Day Trip from Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 30, 2012