We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera Tickets at Garnier in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Opera Tickets at Garnier in Paris

We are visiting Paris 23Mar06-25Mar06 and would like to see "La Nozze Di Figaro" at the Garnier on Friday, 24Mar06. Internet ticket sales were supposed to start 02Jan06 - but every time I check, the website says "No more tickets available on the internet today". I am unable to get through on the telephone number listed. What are my (realistic) chances of getting tickets at the box office on the day before (or day of) the performance? Do these performances regularly sell out this far in advance? Is there any other way to obtain tickets?

Bea
Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera Tickets at Garnier in Paris

Hello,

We have often gone to the ticket sales office maybe an hour and a half before the performance (even sold out ones) and gotten tickets for the night performance. You will see a line there behind the book store(or ask) and then see what they have left. Often we even have a choice of prices. You might have to wait in line for a while but dont be discouraged.

Bonne chance

atlanta
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera Tickets at Garnier in Paris

I also got into a performance in November to George Ballenchine's Joyeaux by going the evening of the performance. It was a sold out performance. I called the box office a month ahead and they said it was sold out! But, I was in a very long line and I waited 45 minutes, but I got tickets for 6E for non-visibilty tickets. Here's the real good part, we had decent seats with 3/4 visablity of the stage. We were told to sit where we wanted in the loge and it was only about 1/2 full. They must not sell the cheap seats until the night of the performance??

However, in your case I find it odd they just went on sale. If I were you I might keep trying to get the box office. Then, show up at the box office as a last resort. We just got slightly dressed up and figured we would head to dinner if we did not get tickets.

upstate New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opera Tickets at Garnier in Paris

Does anyone know when one needs to queue to get tickets on the day of a performance? I'd love to hear/see Don Giovanni from any location Feb. 20 or 23.