We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Versailles

Rio
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets to Versailles

Hello,

I am going to Paris next May and I am wondering whether is possible to get advance tickets to Versailles in order to avoid the lines. I know they sell them via their website, but I was wondering whether you can get them once in Paris. I had already been there in May 2007 and there was a forfait pass which included the train and the palace tickets. I guess it doesn´t exist anymore. What are the options now?

Thank you very much.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $104.10*
Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to Versailles

Easiest would be to buy online via the web site. The Paris Museum Pass includes basic admission to Versailles and about 60 other museums and monuments. It is easy to buy the PMP which comes in 2, 4 and 6-day versions, when you are in Paris. The Pass does not include admission to the fountain area of the grounds when those are operating but you can pay for that separately and still skip the main ticket line.

Google FNAC who have many stores in Paris at most of which tickets to various events and attractions are sold. I do not know for sure but I suspect Versailles would be among them.

Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to Versailles

Thank you very much. I took a look at FNAC near l'Odéon and they really sell tickets for Versailles there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to Versailles

Sorry to be jumping onto your thread, autumngirlsoup.

But I have a question about Versailles tickets:

I have already bought the €25 online ticket directly from Versailles before I realised that Paris Museum Pass (PMP) covers Versailles as well. I bought the passeport that covers the musical fountain show, and I know PMP does not cover that. I am about to write to Versailles to seek refund and cancellation of my original Versailles tickets as it is much more economical to buy PMP and buy the fountain ticket separately.

Do you think it's advisable? Any downsides of entering the Versailles using the PMP ?

Many thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,138 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to Versailles

I think you're out the 25E -- it's almost unheard of for advance tickets to be subject to refund unless the attraction itself is to blame for some reason.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
142 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to Versailles

I did an exchange this morning. There website is doing crazy things with the date box. It took me an hour to secure tickets, then the date came up as a different date than I had entered. I sent them an email explaining the situation and they exchanged the tickets for the correct date. Not sure if they will refund you, but it is worth an email. Then you can just buy a ticket to the water show.

6. Re: Tickets to Versailles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 27, 2012