We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Pack to Paris in June?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
What to Pack to Paris in June?

BonJour!

Three of us- my husband, my 8yr old daughter and myself will be visiting Paris between 12th to 24th June 2011. I've been reading on what to pack and the more I read, the more confused I became..haha

Understand that temp range from 15C to 25C. I believe that 25C in Paris is different from 25C in Asia. A friend even advise that I pack for a 10C instead. (I know its ridiculous)

Parisians: What shall I pack especially with an 8yr old on tow? For footwear, I can only think of boots as it is versatile, can be worn on any weathers. Is it advisable?

For those who've been to Paris around the same period, please share on "What TO and NOT TO pack" lists:)

Hope for an advise:) Merci Beau coup!

Maya

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,948 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Pack to Paris in June?

We've visited Paris many times mid-late June.

The weather is - variable - impossible to predict. Could be rainy/chilly, perfectly pleasant, or a very hot spell (on trip high 90's for a week straight, whereupon it was nearly cold a few days after that.

For packing, go with the ubiquitous layers. Have them ready, then check a long-term forecast just before leaving home for finalizing your packing, paying attention to forecasted lows as well as highs and still planning for a bit warmer or cooler.

It may be too warm in Paris in May for boots, unless those are your most comfortable footwear for pounding pavements morning to night.

That time of year, I usually pack a pair of Merrell's, along with my favorite sandals, and, maybe a pair of low heeled "dressy" shoes (optional).

The thing about weather is that it changes dramatically throughout the day. We typically get dressed, the guess how much outwear to haul along for the day: windproof/waterproof jacket, polarted jacket, sweater - one, two, or all three? We end up adding and removing throughout the day, Plenty of days we've needed all three, as the forecast on TV in the morning is not so accurate. It's usually easier to haul all that around than wish you had something along or have tor return to collect it,

That time of year, my favorite shoes are Merrill's or Beautyfeel, along with a pair of sandal, my very most comfortable footwear,which I wear whenever the weather is even close to warm enough.

If wearing your favorite shoes at home day after day result in your feet swelling considerably after a day or you, you should probably consider somethihg else as all that swelling will continue and eventually become very uncomfortable.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Pack to Paris in June?

It might be cool so do take jackets and closed shoes or sneakers that can be worn in rain, and also some summer clothes for warmer days.

It's good to have 2 pairs of comfy shoes that you can alternate.

Personally, I don't see the need to carry more than one jacket with me if I see that it's cool outside in morning, or I plan to return late (it's usually cooler at night).

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Pack to Paris in June?

I never 'haul around' multiple extra layers - but having said that, I come from the south of England, where weather conditions are usually pretty similar to Paris. I am also used to travelling on public transport and knowing that one outfit must see me through the whole day out.

I definitely agree that layers are the best idea when packing, but when I set out in the morning I try to wear something which I will be comfortable in all day. Obviously if it's hot, then it's easy - cotton skirt, top and sandals. If it's likely to be showery, then I would go for jeans, t-shirt and lightweight jacket, with comfortable shoes of course!.

Obviously it depends what weather conditions you are used to. The most I could possibly envisage wanting to wear in one go in Paris in June is jeans, t-shirt, and just possibly if it is really unseasonably chilly, a thin cardigan plus a lightweight jacket. Usually, either a cardigan or a jacket is sufficient.

I would take both sandals (my lovely comfy Birkenstocks) and closed-in footwear of some kind.

Really, though, you need to check a long-range forecast nearer the time, and compare with the weather conditions You are used to.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,011 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Pack to Paris in June?

It is likely to be warm -- not as hot and muggy as Singapore -- but maybe as hot. So sandals and whatever your daughter wears in Singapore will work some of the time -- probably. But Paris unlike Singapore has highly variable weather. You may get chilly days or evenings; you will most certainly get rainy days or rain off and on during some days.

So you will also need a pair of jeans or slacks, shoes like athletic shoes, a sweater and a rain jacket. As everyone says, layers. Boots are probably not the right idea for June.

And if you guess wrong about something, head over to Monoprix and buy what is missing. My husband who is a master of packing light, ended up buying a pair of long pants, a pair of shorts, a sweater, a polo shirt and a jacket when we were in Paris and then the countryside for 3 mos this past summer. We had a very cold May and a hot June and he wasn't well prepared for either end of the spectrum.

5. Re: What to Pack to Paris in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, March 06, 2012