We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern Hotel 121 rue du Chemin Vert

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Modern Hotel 121 rue du Chemin Vert

Hi there: Has anyone stayed at the Modern Hotel by the Pere Lachaise cemetary in Paris? We just made a reservation for one weekend in Oct there as a last resort because all of the hotels we'd wanted to stay at are fully booked! Does anyone have anything to say about this hotel? What's the location like? Is it easy to get around? Good neighborhood? Please let me know. It's in the 11th arrondisement. Thank you.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $332.80*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modern Hotel 121 rue du Chemin Vert

I don't know the hotel or the exact street but I can see from the map on this site www.bookings.org/fr/hotels/modernhotel… that it is only 6 blocks walk to the Place de Vosges (therefore near the Marais) and a few blocks to the North of the Bastille, so the area should be fine. The site says rooms were redone in 2002 so it should not be too bad.

The hotel has a website that you have to encourage by clicking

http://www.modern-hotel.fr and it suggests the rooms are not very big (not unusual for paris) nor "charming", rather more functional but ok. You will just have to go out and enjoy Paris! Have a great trip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modern Hotel 121 rue du Chemin Vert

I am vey sorry to report that the Modern Hotel is not as close to the Marais as I said in my first reply. The map on the website I gave, which is repeated on a number of other websites that come up with the Google "Modern Hotel" + 75011 + Paris - is very misleading and puts the hotel at about No 35 rue du Chemin Vert. This means a walk down that street until it begins at Boulevarde Beaumarchais is about 10 blocks and then there is about another 3 blocks to the Place de Vosges, about 1.25 km in all. It is still walkable but not as close as I thought.

The many websites including the hotel's own give a pretty good idea what the hotel is like but not what the area is like and any restaurants etc. If you want information on the area, which I only know from visiting Pere la Chaise, I suggest you do a new posting in this forum with title "Pere la Chaise Area & rue du Chemin Vert" and ask if anyone knows what the area is like. I suspect the lack of replies to your posting is that people do not know that hotel.