We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Flights

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Flights

Hey All--

I have been scouring for tix to Paris for my April 2006 and wanted to know if anyone has seen any specials. The prices I'm getting are essentially $800-900 rt from AZ. I'll pay that, but was hoping to get something in the $600-700 range if at ALL possible!

Prescott, AZ
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Flights

Hello. I was just searching on Mobissimo.com, which is where I found my flight out of Phoenix for March. You are right....flights in April are running $804 and change. However, if you left the end of March (I used the 29th as a departure date and April 11th as a return) and stayed on into April the rate drops to $558. That's quite a difference!

I paid $535 for a round trip from Phoenix March 1-10. I do have a layover in Dallas, but it's a quick one, only 2 hours.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Flights

Thanks thatgirldina --

I appreciate that, I've looked at that site too. The only problem (it appears) is that I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay more. I'm going to specifically be in Paris on my birthday on the 26th :(

Oh well, I'll keep trying, but I'll need wait another couple of weeks and see if anything changes at the end of Jan or first of Feb. If not, I'll be a little nervous if I don't have my tix by then.

I'll keep searching until then.........

USA
Level Contributor
27,560 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Flights

Are you registrered with any of the on-line sites for the airlines or travel services for e-mail fare alerts?? TRAVELOCITY, ORBITZ, HOT WIRE, HO FARES, CHEAP SEATS, etc???

Milwaukee, WIS
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Flights

My wife and I have had good luck with:

http://www.travelzoo.com

They have a top 20 each week, and that is how we went to Paris over the New Year. $1600 for the Flight and Hotel for 7 days, 6 nights.

Great deals to be had there.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Flights

KDKSail == I belong to a couple of those sites, but I guess I should just sign up for all of them; especially if it will save me a couple hundred bucks.

Pantone Jeff - $1600 for two people 7 days/6 nights is a great deal.

I'm open to all suggestions and will be signing up for all of these alerts!

Thanks everyone!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Flights

I would try a couple of travel agents via phone calls. I got my tickets from Seattle cheaper from them than thru the internet.

I also tried Destination Europe for a price by phone.

I have been trying for months on the internet and got it cheaper thru a travel agent! Surprise!

atlanta
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Flights

The main thing a travel agent can do that you can't is get the ticket for you through a consolidator. These are seats purchased in bulk or contracted through the airlines in a type of group rate. Always compare the rate you get from a travel agent via a consolidator directly to what it would cost to go through the airline. It is sometimes cheaper, but not always depending on airline sales, etc. Also, there is a commission the agent attaches to the ticket and it varies by agency, so you may need to shop around! I have used consolidators and I used one for my trip on March 22. At the time I was looking I was actually checking April rates too. While direct with airlines from Atlanta was $700 and up, I found a ticket with American with a consolidator for under $600. A couple reputable companies to ask for is DER (division of RailEurope and Sky Bird). Good Luck!

atlanta
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline Flights

I meant Sky Bird to be a different company!

over here
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline Flights

there's another thread that travelzoo just had a news flash. NYC to Paris in the $160 range for travel thru March 31 plus taxes of $85. If you could bump up your trip a bit you'd only need to make the AZ to NYC connection. Might only break even but it's worth looking at. It's the thread titled "Air France Sale NY to ...."

travelzoo rocks. That's how I booked my trip two weeks (two weeks already???) ago.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline Flights

Thanks everyone so much. I appreciate all of the input.

I have thought about contacting a travel agent --- I guess I may do that. Also, a couple of the sites I registered on today indicated that oftentimes you can get less expensive rates 60 days or less from your date of travel.

Regardless, I'm going! I have to see La Tour Eiffel :0