We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Montmartre

Netherlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Montmartre

We're in Paris now, no problems with the strikes. Here's my question: Can someone recommend a good restaurant in Montmartre?

thanks in advance,

Mimi

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

we have had some terrible meals in Montmartre so it is wise to do your homework as you are

Two places:

Le Cottage Marcadet on Marcadet very near the Lamarck-Caulaincourt exit -- great restaurant -- it is a must for each trip we make to Paris -- we ate there twice this summer -- it is tiny -- about 6 tables, has impeccable service and wonderful elegantly presented food. It is 35 for 3 courses at lunch and around 100 for dinner. We always do lunch and then something light that day for dinner. (if you want to see a meal there I posted pictures in the 'Three Dining Experiences' post on my travel blog www.janettravels.wordpress.com)

Another place we have had good luck with is L'homme Tranquille -- a small family run place on Rue des Martyrs a couple of blocks down hill from the Abbesses metro stop. We had one superb meal and one pretty good meal there. It is much more modestly priced than Le Cottage Marcadet and homey rather than elegant.

You should always reserve at Parisian restaurants, particularly small ones like these as they may fill up and once a table is reserved for the evening, it is tied up all evening. A call that day or the day before is enough for l'Homme Tranquille and you can reserve Cottage Marcadet on line.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

Depnds on definition of "good".

Chez Toinette gets good reveiws here...without breaking the bank.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

Le Relais Gascon, 6 rue des Abbesses. Southwestern French cuisine, "peasant" fare. Delicious cassoulet, amazing salads. Always a must every time I go to Paris, regardless of where I'm staying.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

the amazing thing about Le Relais Gascon salads is that they are very large and covered with fried onions -- or potatoes and onions -- a good place for 'filling' fare that is inexpensive -- not my cup of tea but popular with young tourists stretching the dollar

Netherlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

Thanks everyone for your help. We appreciate it! We'll have fun trying these suggestions.

cheers, Mimi

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,336 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

For a casual meal, we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere/friendliness at Tifinagh at 17 Ave Rachel (near the MM Cemetery).

7. Re: Restaurant in Montmartre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2011