We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Dec.27-Jan.4

Just where I want...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Dec.27-Jan.4

We will be in Paris Dec 27-Jan 4.First time in Paris and we are traveling with our 12 year old (boy). He is really into museums and history. I first need recommendations on where to go (sightseeing). I also need to know how to pack. I've been told Paris is very cold that time of year.

Thank you.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Dec.27-Jan.4

How neat to have a 12-year-old boy who loves history and museums! I'll bet he'd really enjoy the Invalides, especially the army museums there. We only got to the east wing (French military history). Lots of colorful uniforms, all kinds of weapons. Of special interest are the things dealing with Napoleon. I can GUARANTEE your son will never forget seeing Napoleon's stuffed horse

(who took part in many battles and was with him in exile) and favorite dog, both on display in glass cases. His death mask is also on display, along with other things.

For excellent do-it-yourself museum tours, get a Rick Steves PARIS guidebook. I tore out all his walks and museum tours, stapled each one individually and took it along on the day I needed it.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Dec.27-Jan.4

If your son loves museums and history you can go anywhere! Louvre, Invalides, Notre Dame, Marais...

It will be cold but not too bad compared to the East coast or Mid West at the same time... Have a good top coat, gloves, hat and scarf and otherwise dress for 68-70 degrees which is the average temperature indoors.

Just where I want...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Dec.27-Jan.4

Thank you to those who have replied to my post. We live in Southern California so we are not use to cold weather. We will be sure to pack a heavy coat!