We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shop/Boutiques in Marais

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Shop/Boutiques in Marais

I'll be staying in the 4th Arrd. in in mid-May for 8 days. We have lots to do but will include time for shopping (well I will-my husband will probably be sitting in a cafe). Does anyone have any fav shops/boutiques in that area (doesn't have to be designer by any means) for items such as women's shoes/clothing, home decor or kitchenwares? I'm open to funky little shops too. Thanks for any names. We will be around the place des Vogues.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
123 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

Rue des Franc-Bourgeois & Rue Vieille du Temple are 2 great streets in Marais and Paris to go shopping. Lots lots of clothing shops, some good national / international brands (zara, sandro, pepe jeans, zadig&voltaire, les petites...) but also some local shops.

AND opened on Sundays !!! quite an exception in Paris

Edited: 8:55 am, March 30, 2010
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,823 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

On Sunday shops i that area only open at 2pm. Just so you know...

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

Super 7-thanks for the suggestions and Phread-thanks for the FYI

I am so glad the Save this Post feature is back.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

My wife bought some wonderful sandals at K Jacques. It's amazing what you can find just wandering around :)

K.JACQUES

16 rue Pavée

75004 PARIS

métro Saint Paul-Le Marais

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

For kitchenware; “ La Vaissellerie” has all kinds of neat accessories and gadgets like (hard to find) demitasse spoons... http://www.lavaissellerie.fr/767/15501.html

There are several boutiques throughout Paris, including one on rue Saint-Antoine, Paris 4e, metro : Saint-Paul le Marais/ Bastille

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

dont miss the market by Place Bastille on Thurs or Sunday. Great place to buy sea salt, salted butter caramels, cans of foie gras, etc. Also great baked goods and roasted chickens.

I havent been in a couple of years, but there was a Kesslord store on Rue Tournelles between Rue de les Mules off Place des Vosges and Rue St Antoine - but I bought the same bag in Printemps with the discount card (cant remember if its 10 or 12%)

And on Rue des Franc Bourgeois there is a Satellite jewelry store - its a chain, but they have some gorgeous stuff - if that's your style. We have a store in NYC now, but Im still glad I bought my earrings in Paris!

Also, all the major cookware stores are nearby - closer to Les Halles, but the names/addresses (Dehellerin? Im loathe to attempt to spell anything here and be called untrustworthy again! ) are home. If you check out the chocolateandzucchini web site, they should be listed there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

Oh my, Villefranche!! Another kitchen store I could happily live in and it's not far from where I'll be staying in the 12th. Great tip...thanks!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

Great tips from all: shoes, kitchenware, jewerly(my biggest weakness) & the markets. That is perfect; great advice. I'm packing light to bring home goodies (last time I bought some fab boots-they took up some luggage space!). Thanks to all.

9. Re: Shop/Boutiques in Marais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 27, 2010