We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed!

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed!

I'll be staying in paris in Jan and am planning on staying in a suitehotel (they've an offer on, ������108 for 3 nights) but can't decide between:

1) Suite Hotel Paris Porte de Montreuil

22 Ave Du Professeur Andre Lem, Paris 75020, France

2) Suite Hotel Paris Porte de la Chapell

1 Impasse Marteau, Paris 75018, France

Is anyone familiar with these hotels/neighbourhoods? Which one would you choose? I realise that both aren't in the center but the price is too good to resist!

Any advice would me great, thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
937 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed!

In my humble opinion, none of them is in a very good area. If I had no choice I would choose the Porte de la Chapelle, but if I could switch to another hotel I'd rather do it.

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed!

Thanks for the advice. I've not booked anything yet.

The only reason I'm probably going to stay at a suitehotel is the price. Do you know of any other hotels in a similar price range? (108GBP for 3 nights)

My budget could stretch a little further but not past 60GBP a night (I'm a poor student!)

France
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed!

Hm... 60£ is about 90E, I think. You should definitely be able to find something decent and centrally located for that price.

Have a look at www.eurocheapo.com

Do read some comments there, doublecheck here with the search and or in the forum itself.

You can even search here in the hotel section. Type in the amount and neighbourhood. I'd go with the 4th, 5th and 6th to start with.

You can find cheaper places, but still well located in the 13th, 14th, 15th.

Keep in mind, staying in a central location will save some money, but above all, lots of time you'd spend on the métro/bus to get to places.

Bonne chance!

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed!

Thanks, I didn't expect to get any replies so soon!

Appley Bridge...
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed!

I stayed here last Christmas and paid 32e a night for a double with a shared bath. It’s in Montmartre on a very safe, quite street (think Amalie). It was just a simple little room – like a Von Gogh painting – but it was clean, the building and street the hotels is on is charming and the owner is a nice guy. There is a cute little coffee shop down the street for a morning croissant and coffee at the bar – it makes for a very inexpensive stay. I think the reviews are very accurate.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d310627…

For a slightly nicer room in a more central area (the edge of the 5th) this is another cheap favorite.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d260472…

USA
Level Contributor
28,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed!

Sorry..don't know either of these hotels...but judging from the addresses, both are located out on the very 'fringes' of Paris, at on/off ramps for the Périphérique and only just '..in..' Paris on a technicality.

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed!

KDKSAIL,

Which of the two areas are safest? Porte de Montreuil or Porte de la Chapelle?

Do you know which zone they are in for the metro? (Are either zone 1?)

I realise that neither are in the center but both are supposed to be next to metro stations. The pictures on the website (www.suite-hotel.com) make them look pretty cool, not exactly a traditional parisian experience but I can't expect that for the price!

staffordshire,uk
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice needed!

we just paid £149 GBP each for our hotel in the 15th er right by the eiffel tower, this was 2 nights and a third free with breakfast, very nice, clean and english speaking too, this included our eurostar tickets as well.Booked through Going Places - Bridge travel city breaks....P.S we paid £16 each return by national express to get to london from the midlands....well worth it

staffordshire,uk
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice needed!

Oh and i can say it was all good....We got back Sunday

Spain
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice needed!

Suitehotel is a chain of accorHotels: you can find a lot of others hotels as the ibis hotels. Try http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/index.html