We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

After much thought and exhaustive research, I've narrowed it down to Hotel d'Aubusson and Villa d'Estrees. Both 4-star hotels, essentially in the same area.

I love the way the rooms look at d'Estrees, they seem very spacious and well-decorated, while I've heard the rooms at d'Aubusson aren't as charming? (maybe the pictures don't do it justice) However, the staff may be more friendly and helpful at d'Aubusson? I haven't read a bad review of the d'Aubusson.

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels and can comment?

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

To me it looks like they are really comparable. The d'aubusson is supposed to be extremely charming. They are located very close to each other, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong. I would look at the various complaints people have of each one vs. the praise and see which one seems more suited to you. (look on the TA reviews)

Les

USA
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

We stayed at the HÔTEL d'AUBUSSON once, shortly after it openned in 1997...and have stopped back in to check out other rooms since and found both the public spaces AND the guest rooms that we saw VERY charming...tastefully decorated...comfortable...staff (from chambermaids to management) pleasant and accommodating There's a reason why you don't hear bad reports about the d'Aubusson.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

Yes, I know what you mean about the Villa d' Estrees' rooms. And the location is a good one yet I read it's across the street from a very lively bar. The hotel is owned by the same people who own another hotel across the street called Residence des Arts. The manager, Pascal, is really great.

Anyway, I think if I had a choice, I'd choose to stay at the d'Aubusson. Why? Besides the fact that I personally prefer St. Germain a little more than the Latin Quarter (where the Villa d'Estrees is located) I love the classical style of the decor. And the sitting room with the huge windows and fireplace are so attractive.

I'd love to have your dilemma in choosing between these two hotels! :)

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

I only saw the reception area of the Hôtel d'Aubusson, not the rooms but i found it very very very nice!!

Bethlehem,PA
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

We have stayed at the d'Aubusson twice--once shortly after is opened for our honeymoon and again for our anniversary. Absolutely lovely in every way. (they sent champagne to our room when they found out we were newlyweds). When they knew we would be arriving late, they offered to make us dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant--which was lovely as we were so tired. The bar is charming and some nights they have jazz. The rooms are HUGE by Parisian standards with great bathrooms. The staff is very attentive. And the location to my mind is perfect. My only minor criticism--they offer a lovely breakfast but charge (if I recall correctly..)about 23 euros per person. A bit steep for breakfast but of course it is easily remedied by a short walk to a myriad of cafes in the neighborhood.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to Hotel d'Aubusson vs...

This forum is so helpful! Thank you all for your responses. I feel so much better about the d'Aubusson! I don't think we can go wrong! It's a little more expensive than the D'Estrees, but it appears it's worth it. Thank you again!