We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
352 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

I've been doing a lot of research for our upcoming trip which is the first week in December. Through this wonderful forum as well as the FGTO I've found numerous websites. However, I'm still not truly able to find out where and when there will be specific Christmas music concerts. We'd love to hear some at either a church or other venue. Any help? Also, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Noelissime Paris which will be at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles is worth a trip. We're also interested in Christmas decorations, advent calendars, etc., etc...as well as some shopping! Thanks to all who may respond with advice.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

There's not much in the way of Christmas markets in Paris, but all the department stores have large displays of decorations for sale. If you're lucky, you might also stumble on a "kermesse" (church bazaar) where you can find hand-crafted decorations made by parishioners. The best bet for Christmas concerts is to wait until you arrive and pick up a copy of Pariscope or Zurban where you'll find an exhaustive listing of concerts for the coming week.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
352 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

Thanks Truffaut! I'll definitely buy those upon arrival. In your experience, do you think we're too early in the month for there to be much in the way of Christmas music? Merci!

Tulare, CA.
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

There are "marches de Noel"located throughout Paris--be looking for these places. Last year there were markets "

1. Facing Gare St. Lazare

2. Face Gare Montparnase

3. IN front of St. Sulpice

I also saw the tail ends of a Xmas marketplace in the Bastille

area.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
352 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info please on Christmas music and Noelissime Paris

Thanks MClavel! I'll check them out while we're there!