We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General weather question

Lawndale, California
Level Contributor
665 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
General weather question

We're arriving in Paris next Friday, and of course are checking out the weather sites for ideas on what to expect our first few days in Paris. Sadly, the long-term forecases are now calling for "showers" for the early part of our visit. My question is this -- in general in early November, are showers more likely to be sprinkles? general dampiness and glominess? occasional light showers? hours-long rains? I know it can probably vary a lot, but if anyone can give us a very general idea of what we can expect when the forecast calls for "showers," that would be great. Thanks.

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General weather question

I'd say on and off light to moderate rain...

What you really want to bring with you is a warm jacket, an umbrella, some good waterproof shoes and you'll be all set. The rain is cold at this time of year.

Les

Paris
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: General weather question

But today feels like June, 24° and bright sunshine. Extremely unseasonably warm. So go figure...

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General weather question

Paris's weather is highly unpredictible. A local acquaintance reported that the weather today is indeed summer like. When I visited in mid-October 2002, I arrived to warm, sunny skies. But within two days that weather was replaced with cold, rainy weather. It is very advisable for you to pack layered clothing, a water resistant coat, boots, and the handy umbrella.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General weather question

We are having amazing weather right now. It has been low 70s and sunny for several days. Indian summer. However, some say that an october like this is usually followed by a very cold november. Showers are usually like a light intermittant drizzle. Normally we dont have really heavy rain but of course it does happen. Grey skys are the norm here. Forcasts are really only reliable about 3 or 4 days out here.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: General weather question

Today feels like summer, but November is usually humid. In Paris it can mean small rain all day long, heavy rain or sprinkles...So anything!!