We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laduree - which location?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Laduree - which location?

Hello,

We will be in Paris for the weekend and I wanted to know which location of Laduree is recommended by the experts. We will probably go for a late lunch on Friday or lunch on Sunday before heading back home.

We will be staying at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe, but don't mind travelling.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laduree - which location?

I'd go to the one on the Champs Elysees for sure.

YUM.

Les

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laduree - which location?

I agree with Les!

Beautiful place in a beautiful setting!

Have one for me!

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laduree - which location?

Aside from the rue Bonaparte location in St. Germain I would suggest going to the original location at 16 rue Royale. The one on the Champs Elysees isn't that impressive (just my opinion only).

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laduree - which location?

Have any of you done dinner or lunch at Laduree? We might make it our last meal (instead of tea) before getting back on the Eurostar Sunday. I think our train is around 5:00.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laduree - which location?

Lunch at Laduree on the Champs is a special treat. One of the best omelets I've ever eaten. Plus you can order any of those incredible pastries (my absolute favorites are the many flavored macaroons...get some for the trip home!) and your waiter will bring them to your table so you don't have to stand in that incredibly long line!! I waited about 40 minutes for my macaroons another day...but it was well worth it! While I agree that the one on the Champs is the best, the one on rue Bonaparte didn't seem to have quiet as long a line for their carry out pastries. Enjoy!!

Sunny Isles Beach...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laduree - which location?

Please have a rose flavored macaroon for me!

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,209 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laduree - which location?

For authentique charm stick with the rue Royale

For short lines rue Jacob

For luxury setting Champs Elysees

I will also add that most of my neighbors choose the Champs Elysee location for their lunches.

Sunny Isles Beach...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laduree - which location?

now if they would just open one here in Florida, like Paul did, Syl!

Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Laduree - which location?

Interesting categories phread, thanks!

We had lunch at the rue Royale one recently because a travel agent in Paris who was doing some other bookings for us told us that it was less touristy and therefore, in her opinion, better. So we thought - why not take the word of a local?

We booked ahead; we felt we were treated like VIP's; we had been allocated the best window seat upstairs; the place was full of French speakers - seemed like office workers and elegant ladies going shopping.

Food was divine. The hot chocolates are so thick they make you feel seedy all afternoon which we thought was the mark of an excellent indulgent afternoon.

The food looked and tasted like it was identical fare to that we had at the Printemps Laduree on another afternoon. Same little silver pots for coffee etc.

We really had to use French to communicate with the waiter which went just fine however, at one point I was confused and asked if he could explain something in English and clearly this wasn't possible. I'm wondering if the Champs Elysee location might have more English spoken given the higher volume of tourists???

I'm a bit regretful that we never did see the elgant interior of the Champs Elysee cafe.

Whichever one you go to I'm sure you will enjoy it if you have a sweet tooth!