We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking Paris

Dear colleagues travellers,

In July I'm going on a city trip to Paris.

Was thinking of going by car (365km) instead of Thalys train but I'm worried about car-parking.

Does somebody has an idea about possibilities to park my car during 4 days, not planning to drive to all the siteseeings but use the metro.

I'm staying at 4, Boulevard Raspail

F-75007 Paris (Saint-Germains-des-Près)

Maybe put the car somewhere nearby a big station and then use the metro, OK for my,

Please advice,

Many thanks in advance,

eMBie

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking Paris

Take the train. It is very difficult to park your car in Paris and you won't need it there. You will either have to find a lot expensive of park it on the street and pay which is difficult.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking Paris

It's actually not terribly difficult to park your car in Paris. Just find a lot near your hotel:

http://www.vincipark.com/

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking Paris

During the three years we lived in Paris it was difficult to park, perhaps they have added more pay parking lots. But why spend the money when you can take the train to Paris cheaply and aren't planning on using the car in Paris. The train option is a much greener way to go.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking Paris

Dear members,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Found a Vinci car park nearby (1.4km) for 104€ for 4x24 hours, estimated car coasts are 2x35€, total = 174€

Thalys train, including transport to train station is 300€ for the two of us, very tempting but...

still must think about this, not afraid to drive in big cities but Paris conquers them all no ?

Difficult !

Best regards,

eMBie

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
723 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking Paris

eMBie,

How is your train so expensive? We just bought tickets Paris-Amsterdam for 100euros roundtrip. If you could travel at that price on the train it would make more sense to leave the car at home.

Just looking quickly on the SNCF site for Thalys prices, without any discounts, the rate from Antwerp to Paris was 53euros round trip each.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car parking Paris

I see on the hotel amenities list here at Trip Advisor there is "parking nearby"... you might want to check with the K and K in case they have an arrangement with a nearby parking garage...

Rob

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car parking Paris

Hi,

Again many thanks to all of you for your support !

@slowpokesf, wow great prices you have found ! If we could travel at these we surly take the Thalys.

The price I gave came from Thomas Cook while booking the hotel (indeed...the K+K).

We always try to book transport by ourselves but this time we have a small problem...you can only book Thalys tickets the earliest 3 months before departure and that means that we are abroad in the Caribbeans that time, I'm not so keen to use an Internet cafe and send personal information (visa...) from out of there, so we have to rely on our travel agency to buy our tickets, probably with commission no doubt.

Decided that we take the Thalys and hope for low fares when early booked.

Greetings and...Nice traveldays,

eMBie,

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car parking Paris

We are in the process of buying TGV tickets round trip Paris to Avignon for 400 euros for 5 people in May. So for two people on a shorter journey you should be able to do much better than the 300 something euros which you have a current quote for. We are at 77 days out and getting this price, so I think you should be fine waiting until you can buy your train tickets. Your travel agent should be able to get you a good price on-line as soon as you are at the 90 day point for the return portion of your trip.

9. Re: Car parking Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 20, 2009