We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Hi - we will be arriving at Porte Maillot via the BVA shuttle - likely close to 11 pm. Would appreciate any info. on taxis - we will be going to 12, rue Vieille du Temple 75004 [Caron de Beaumarchais]. Anyone have an idea of cost, distance, time etc.? Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

At that hour the regular night fare rate is in effect, The approx fare should be approx 20-25 Euro and the trip should probably take 15-20 minutes across town...depending on whether your driveris in training for the the Formula 1 circuit and whether he bothers to stop for traffic lights or not.

Bea
Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Hi Absee,

We came in to Porte Maillot one Saturday night recently and took a cab over to the 12th (not very far from du Temple)...pretty expensive...50euros. Driver said on a Saturday nite Paris is jammed, so he went around the pereferie (sp). We did not find it especially easy to even find a cab (Saturday nite?).

The bus drops you off in a dark parking lot and you need to find your own way. Stood in front of the big hotel there till we got a cab. I realized later that it would have been a good idea (for costs) to take the metro (line 1, I believe) into at least Chatelet, then a cab from there....Porte Maillot is on the far eastern side of the city. You might ask someone or the driver where the metro station is.........

The bus in from Beauvais is very good....takes about 90 minutes...........

Bea

Florida
Level Contributor
17,151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Bea, I think that driver scammed you guys big-time. I don't see how going around on the peripherique would solve anything - the taxi would -still- have to cut through Paris to get into the Marais. I do a lot of walking when in Paris, and have never seen traffic backed up so much a taxi couldn't find a route. The Champs E. can be busy but the traffic moves on through just fine (for instance).

For the OP, I'd ask the driver for an estimated fare and tell him to take as 'direct' a route as possible.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Thanks everyone for your responses. A taxi ride seems like the best option. However, I was looking at the metro map and noted that although it will be late we may be able to take the metro to Hotel de Ville station. Can we get tickets at around 11pm at the Porte Maillot stop? Is Hotel de Ville the right station to get off at? Not sure how far it would be from Hotel de Ville to our hotel.

Bea
Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Porte Maillot to 12, rue Vieille du Temple - taxi

Hello again,

Hotel deVille would be fine.....You can probably find a taxi stand nearby (or try to hail one) and it is not very far from there. Should be able to buy tickets at that metro, but I am not really sure of that particular one.

By the way I meant to say that Porte Maillot is on the far Western side of Paris.........and you want to go to the eastern side.......

Yes and I thought we were getting the "long way around" but the driver, who spoke English, said it was the best way to go on a Saturday night..........did not believe him but at that point we were captives of his little meter...........ugh.

Bea