We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

QQC
San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

Hello-

My friend and I will be in Paris (Latin Quarter, Comfort Inn, rue Mouffetard) for 5 nights starting Aug. 28. We are from San Francisco and are serious foodies. Any recommendations for places to eat?? We like everything in all price ranges. We would also like recommendations on fun nightclubs, bars, etc.

We love jazz, all dance music.. Thanks everyone!!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

Briefly, look elsewhere (search TA) for food because Mouffetard is great in every way... except for restaurants. It's one of the great market streets but most of the restos are mediocre. There are LOTS of good reviews if you search. You can get the usual street crepes and sandwiches (which have to be sampled without a doubt) but most if not all of the restaurants on Mouffetard are nothing to write home about.

The area around rue des Lombards in the 1st Arr. is a good place to start for Jazz if you don't have a concert schedule to follow. Au Duc des Lombards is a Paris mecca for jazz. Just across Bvd. Sebastopol in the 4th, "La Bodeguita del Medio" a salsa bar on that street is pretty hot according to my Cuban in-laws (disclaimer-gringo writing this).

QQC
San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

Thanks metromole

new jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

We just returned and had some fabulous meals. MavroMmatis is near Rue Mouffetard, but a little off the beaten path and was excellent! Chez Paul is a very old-style parisian bistro with excellent steaks which they serve with a potato au gratin dish (a house speciality). This is near the Bastille metro stop. Another great restaurant in the Marais area is Le Tresor, a bustling, fun place. The vegetarian lasagne was outstanding! Finally, Bistrot de Breteuil on Rue de Breteuil in the 7th arr. was superb with a fixed price menu that started with a kir royale cocktail, a bottle of wine, 3 courses and coffee and it was either 32 or 34 euros. I would go back to any one of them.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please!! 5 night Paris trip:restaurants & clubs

Since you will be staying in the 5th, I must recommend one of my favorite restaurants in Paris, Les Fetes Galantes, on rue des Ecoles Polytechniques, right near the Pantheon. I was in Paris for six weeks this summer and visited Fetes Galantes once a week! I remembered the restuarant from when I studied abroad in Paris in 2003. The food is really outstanding and the price is right. They have 3 course menus from 14 euro to 26 euro, depending on what you want to spend. You must try the profiteroles for dessert - they have somewhat of a cult following! It is a very small restaurant so I would try it out on a weeknight or go early on a weekend. Hope you get a chance to try it!