We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic

around about $30-40 euro max for a french meal.

im planning a back packing trip over in paris around 25th, 26th of dec, so can't be too expensvie.

Also is there any cheap buffet resturant in paris? doesnt matter what type, may be orential or westen.

thanks

Paris (20th)
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

The quick answer is "yes plenty". A lot of people in this forum want to splash out on a meal to remember at a well known 'name' restaurant but it's not obligatory. I'm sure ptegan will be along later with specifics but in the meantime here are the tips - go for a 'menu' which will have a fixed price for either 3 courses or a choice of starter/main or main/desert - you can still find plenty of these for around 20 euros. Order a carafe of wine rather than a bottle which will be more expensive. I knw there is an all you can eat Chinese not far from Les Halles, again I'm sure ptegan can give you the details.

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

If you haven't got a reply yet it may be due to the fact that there must be over 10,000 "decent but cheap" restaurants in Paris :)

It would be quicker to list the places that you shouldn't go to :)

If you search the forum for 'buffet' or 'all you can eat' you'll find older posts with the answers. Basically there are about 4/5 Asian places and 1 or 2 French places.

If I was going out for a 3-course "decent but cheap " meal, I wouldn't consider spending more than €25-€30 and it's easy to find such places also so I wouldn't worry about going hungry :)

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

> I'm sure ptegan will be along later with specifics but in the meantime here are the tips....

That was weird wasn't it !

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

Do a search for AYCE (all you can eat) and you'll find 2 recent threads with some suggestions.

I don't mean to pry, but I get the impression that you're looking for these places due to your budget. If it is the case then I can assure you that it's much better to spend €20 on a 3-course French meal with wine rather than 13 on a Chinese buffet :)

Let me know though if you still want the addresses of the buffet places :)

Paris (20th)
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

> That was weird wasn't it !

Not really, I know your every move Man I Love ;-)

East Anglia, UK
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

This question could only have come from someone outside the UK where the idea of a €30-40 meal being cheap is a dream! We eat 3 courses with wine and coffee for around €35 in Paris and not in a cheap restaraunt. Here in the UK (outside London)to get 2 courses no drink no coffee will cost around €35 and the food will not begin to compare - mediocre ingredients served by people who can't tell one vegatable from another!

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

yeh, i would still like the adress if its convient enough, because im backpacking..

thanks guys for helping

i think the most famous french restruant i heard even im in australia is called La tour Ajont or somthing

suppose to be a long history resturant

but must be expensive

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
ues, new york city
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

LE VOLCAN in the latin quarter.... its a homey tudor style restaurant with excellent traditional french food and is not enpensive... about 30-40 max pp with aperitif to dessert.

plus the service is good.

its the only restaurant I went to for dinner THREE times in paris, and i was there for over 2 weeks!

ues, new york city
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

lungfish... u mean the tour d'argent (the silver tower, or maybe the money tower)

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is any decent but cheap french restruant in Paris?

yeh thats the one..

the one near notra dam i think..

suppose to be a resturant which is few hundread years old.