We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

England
2 posts
Save Topic
Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

Hi,

I'm planning to take the Paris Beauvais airport bus which departs Porte Maillot at 0615. My initial plan was to stay in the Montparnasse area but think it may be quite far from the bus pick up point.

1) Any recommendations as to which area/hotel I should stay in?

2) The nearest code I could find for Porte Maillot is the Concorde Lafeyette 75017. Does this mean Porte Maillot is in 17 rue arrondissement? Some hotel bookings site uses arrondissmont.

3) What time does the earliest metro/rer starts and if it's safe to be walking in the early hours on foot to get to Porte Maillot. (Assuming I'm unable to find nearby hotel due to full occupancy or it's out of my price range)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $103.80*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,046 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

Porte Maillot is a bit further out from the Arc de Triomphe. This is nowhere near Montparnasse!

The last two digits of Paris postcodes indicate the arrondissment. Porte Maillot is on the boundary of the 16th and 17th.

I would suggest that you use Google Maps to locate first Porte Maillot and then some hotels in 16th and 17th. Go to maps.google.com and type addresses into the search box.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

To answer your 3rd question:

Go to www.ratp.info/orienter/horaires_metro1.php

Under the little orange boxes, click the metro line nearest you.

First column: Station name

Second column: First departure

Third column: Last departure

Fourth column: Last departure on Fridays, Saturdays, holidays

For example, the first train on Line 1 leaves Gare de Lyon at 5:34 in the morning. It would reach Porte Maillot at 5:54.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

One way to identify hotels in a specific area is to use Google maps.

Type:

hotel: porte maillot, paris

and search. You will find hotels like Hotel Fertel Maillot, the Concorde, Hotel Duret, etc (most of them expensive end)...

USA
Level Contributor
30,073 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

I'll admit that 06:15 AM is early to have to make an BVA shuttle connection....but I wouldn't predicate my hotel selection on this fact alone...unless your visit was only for a single night.

As noted train of the day for the #1 Metro ligne, serving PORTE MAILLOT at 05:54 AM. The walk from the PORTE MAILLOT Metro exits up Blvd. Pershing to the BVA SHUTTLE pick-up point is 10 minutes of less. So it's certainly possible that you could select a hotel in Paris, anywhere east of PORTE MAILLOT (in the direction of Gare de Lyon-Chateau de Vincennes) that is convenient to a #1 Metro ligne station and still make your BVA SHUTTLE bus....OR...you could simply select a hotel almost anywhere you might otherwise prefer in Paris and pre-arrange for an early morning Taxi pick-up to get you to the BVA pick-up point on time.

England
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

I've managed to get it all sorted with your wonderful assistance. Thank you for the great help once again.

6. Re: Which arrondissement for early morning travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 14, 2009