We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

I'm thinking about seeing a show at the Moulin Rouge. Is it a good show? Will I be impressed? My feeling is that it won't probably be as great as the famous Broadway shows in New York but it still will have it's own charms. Just my guess.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,151 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

I haven't seen a Broadway show, but, I have seen the show at the Moulin Rouge, and I would have to say Broadway has got to be better. My personal opinion is don't waste your money. There are many better things to spend it on in Paris!

S.S.Terra
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

The show at the Lido is vastly superior to the Moulin Rouge or the Folies Bergere.Also Broadway shows are more like London's plays and these shows are akin to Vegas shows.

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

Willie

I loved it and consider it but one of the cherished memories of my families trip to Paris. This is also the opinion of the 5 people in my party (consisting of 3 different age groups). The show consists of outragously adorned costumes, non x rated but very classy nudity (incredibly beautiful women who can sing as they look and with no breast enhancement), a few seemingly irrelevant but talented european circus acts and story oriented theme and music (French Broadway ??). The show is more like classical burlesque than the more flash and skin oriented Follies Bergere or Crazy Horse. I'm sure these shows are worth seeing as well, but with the exception of the crowd mentality of some of the patrons pushing their way to be 1st in line (dumb since all seats are pre-assigned at booking). I'm really glad we got to go to the Moulin Rouge as part of the our overall Paris experience. The Moulin Rouge is just as much a part of the magic and rich history of Paris as is the Louvre or the Champes Elysses. Tip; wear nice clothes and be on time or they won't let you in and if driving, I suggest you scout the area during the daytime because Paris landmarks and especially streetsigns are hard to make-out at night.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

As many of the girls are Aussies it must be a GREAT show!

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

Boradway shows are musicals.......

Moulin Rouge is boobies (which are now outlawed in New York) - and how can that be bad? ;)

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

I find the Moulin Rouge very good, i enjoyed it but didn't have to pay. I think the price is expensive so i would go for the version without dinner, just the show. I enjoyed it better than the Lido, the room is nicer, it has more history (Toulouse-Lautrec) and has the Can-Can, the Lido hasn't.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

Yes, the show itself is good yet it's not what I'd consider to be a Broadway type of show. Many people who say they hate the Moulin Rouge and it's just a topless show have never seen the show at all.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Moulin Rouge a good show?

I thought the show was enjoyable. It has a lot of variety. I just did not like being crammed into the place like sadines and the cigarette smoke was really bad. I began to worry aout what would happen in a fire. Maybe I worry too much. At any rate it is worth seeing if you have the time and the money.