We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

We have only one night in Paris. We are staying in the 8th Arr. but are willing to go anywhere in the city for dinner. We are looking for a restaurant with entrees under 30 Euros. Any type of food is fine as long as it's high quality. We're considering eatting at Kong, 1728, Chez Omar or Flora. I know nothing about either one. If you've been there, can you please give me some insight? If you have another suggestion, I'd LOVE to hear it. Thanks so much!!!

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

There should be plenty of reviews of Kong in the forums.

I've been there just the once and hope to go back again one of these days. Nice food, good prices and a Wonderful view :)

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

1728!! definitely!! kong is a nice restaurant but more fashion, it looks like any fashion restaurant, modern, some funny stuffs. i don't remember the food was georgous. i don't know chez omar or flora, but 1728 is beautiful, really great, it's like a secret place, and the food is really good. good presentation, lots and lots of teas (green, black, white, red, etc), classical music, nice and huge paintings, you won't be disappointed.

Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

Thanks for your help. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm open to anything...1728 looks very tempting!!

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

You only mentioned the price of entrees, which I assume you mean main dishes. (But be careful...in Paris "entree" means the starter course.) It's a bit more helpful to get an idea of how much you are willing to spend TOTAL on your meal. Most restaurants expect you to order more than just a main dish. And if you add wine, bottled water, aperatifs, etc. the total starts to climb. We tried to always stick to tap water wherever we went, but succumbed occasionally to a Kir Royale. :)

You'll also find most restaurants offer a prix-fixe menu that will be a much better deal than ordering a la carte.

I've heard great things about 1728, but didn't eat there. A couple of standouts from our trip that had fabulous food but offered different experiences -- Le P'tit Troquet in the 7th offers high quality food at a fraction of the cost of other restaurants. The chef does his own shopping, makes his own ice cream and breads on the premises. It's an adorable neighborhood bistro that the locals frequent. (We were one of only 2 English-speaking tables when we were there. The staff does speak English, though...and the staff is a family -- dad is the chef, Mom is the hostess, and daughter is the server.) It's small, nonsmoking and charming. They offer a 3-course prix-fixe for 30e. More upscale and romantic is La Truffiere in the 5th. I believe they offer a prix-fixe for 80e (it might be 88e) and the food is amazing. The cheese trolley alone is worth the price of admission. They have a website at www.latruffiere.com. Ask to sit downstairs in the intimate "cave"...candlelit and romantic. The staff is warm, friendly, knowledgable and not stuffy. You won't be dissapointed! We did not order the prix-fixe, so our bill came to 211e, but we both had apperatifs and bottled water, so if we had stuck to just basic water, it would have been about 170e total. Worth every centime.

Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One night in Paris...which restaurant? EEK!

Sounds good too...thanks so much!