We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average meal cost

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
10 posts
Save Topic
Average meal cost

Hello i am planning a visit to Paris and wanted to know how much average meal costs i don't mean fancy restaurants i am interested in prices of fast food , cafe , in simple restaurants of cafe bars for an average person .

Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average meal cost

It would be very difficult to generalize, as it varies a lot depending on not only the cafe/bistro in question but also the area where you are, the drinks (sodas in particular are expensive), as well as what one actually orders for the meals.

There are quite a few threads on this forum about budget eating (I'm assuming that you want to eat inexpesively but good food?), which you might want to check out (do searches in the box at the top fo the column to the left of the list of posts). Also, see the current "Felschurch Diary" thread for several posts about meals. If you're trying to keep the food costs down, you can have lunch from the crepe stands or order sandwiches and sodas in the many shops that are all over and then sit in one of the nearby parks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average meal cost

You will have to look around and compare prices. They are always posted and service is included.

For a meal off the street, plan 5-10 Euros.

For a sit down, I would say between 15 and 20 Euros.

No frills.

A hamburger at Mc Donalds is 8,80 these days!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Average meal cost

Avoid cafés where food and drink can be really expensive...you're better off going to a restaurant with a fixed priced menu which can be very good value. Don't neglect japanese, chines, indien ( try the "passage brady" for latter) where they do really cheap menus ( particularly at lunch). Also Paris bakereis very oten do sandwich/dessert/drink which is great for picnicing....and there is always a park nearby to sit down and relax to eat.

4. Re: Average meal cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 26, 2009