We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

Manchester England
11 posts
Save Topic
Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

Has anybody got any feedback regarding cruises along the Seine with dinner included ?

Was it good value ?

Was it romantic ?

Could you see very much through the glass considering it was at night?

Has anybody got a recommended company that they used for any special occasion for a dinner cruise?

All feedback appreciated

Debbie

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from $109.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from $300.40*
$333.80
USA
Level Contributor
28,636 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

"..value..' and '..romance..' are highly relative terms and depend largely on your own personal perceptions...and what you make of them. As a point of fact, most of these dinner cruises offer mediocre food and wine, at comparatively high prices. Dinner ashore at a better restaurants and then an ordinary sightseeing cruise afterwards is a much better 'deal'.

But having said that, there is the sheer pleasure of looking up and seeing the illuminated facade of Notre Dame, the Louvre or a 'twinkling' Eiffel Tower glide by, over the rim of your champagne flute (Yes, you can see quite well through the glass enclosures) These sights make even an indifferent wine or mediocre food taste positively grande. We've had infinitely better food and wine at restaurants in Paris for less---but never once regretted the cost of doing these Seine dinner cruises over the years. We've done the ones offered by Bateaux Mouches twice and been satisfied (and we'll probably do one again in a foreseeable future)---but I suspect that other dinner cruise operators offer much the same. The dinner cruises offered by YACHTS de PARIS are supposed to have the best food (relatively) of the lot. For more information check:

BATEAUX MOUCHES-- www.bateaux-mouches.fr/English_index.htm

BATEAUX PARISIENS-- www.bateauxparisiens.com/english/main.htm

PARIS SEINE-- http://www.parisseine.com/index5974.php

VEDETTES de PARIS-- http://www.vedettesdeparis.com/index_a.htm

MARINA de BERCY-- http://www.marinadeparis.com/va/index.htm

YACHTS de PARIS-- www.yachtsdeparis.com/cruise,on,the,seine.php

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

Bonjour,

For me the best ones are the "Yachts de Paris" (4times for Biz or pleasure). They have nice boats, best food & service. I am afraid that they are also more expensive.

Pierre

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

We went on Bateaux Mouches and yes the food was just ok. I'm not a wine expert so I can't comment on the wine. I loved looking at the illuminated sights as we went by. It is rather expensive. It is something to do once in a lifetime I think. My only real complaint was the smoking. The couple at the next table never stopped smoking the whole time and it really got to me. I know you have to put up with smoking in Europe bu this was just plain rude in my opinion and for that reason alone I will never go on another dinner cruise.

Manchester England
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice On Dinner Cruises Appreciated !

WOW thanks for info guys

quite fancy the yachts - just had a look at that website and checking out if that 160.00 is euros or GBP if the latter - I guess its MacDonalds for us!!!