We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,299 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

I swear any 6 yr old in Europe knows more about trains than I do.

When I buy my ticket to Vernon in the morning, do I have to choose the return time then or can I show up at Vernon station and catch the next train when we are ready!! Dave

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

Hi --

That train isn't one that requires a reservation, at least the one I took didn't. That being the case, you can catch any return train you wish to ride.

Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

Hello,

My husband and I would like to take a train from Paris to Giverny (je sais, par Vernon) for two days, but I'm having trouble finding train schedules. I'm not sure if the SNCF site is down again or what is happening, but I'd like to know if anyone knows of another site to try to reserve tickets both ways?

USA
Level Contributor
27,926 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

Not sure whay you're having difficulty accessing the SNCF web site...though it does go down for brief times for routine maintenance and up-dates.

As noted, there really is no advantage to pre-reserving tickets for this particular trip...nor is there any cost advantage to purchasing round-trip tickets vs. one-way between PARIS-Gare Saint Lazare and VERNON. The fare will still be 11,90€ one-way or 23,80€ round-trip for this ride. And since you can't Print-Out a reserved ticket on a home computer for this fare category...no advanatge of purchase convenience at the station either.

On the occasions that we've gone out to Giverny, we've usually kept the option open to take an onward train from VERNON to ROUEN-Rive Droite (45 mins farther along the same main ligne) for a '..Rouen-Lite' afternoon--lunch and visit--then a direct return to PARIS-Gare Saint Lazare in the late-afternoon/early evening (approx 75-90 mins)

SNCF--

voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/…

Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

Thanks for the reply! The advice is much appreciated.

5. Re: Return ticket on train--Paris to Vernon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 21, 2009