We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature at Night

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham MA
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature at Night

I know it's lovely and sunny in Paris at the moment, but what are the night time temperatures like? I have a new fur wrap but don't want to be too overdressed. (We are staying at Place de Vendome)

France
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature at Night

For average temps for each month of the year check with this site:

http://www.weatherbase.com/

It will give you an idea.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature at Night

I was there last night and would have died of heat exhaustion in a fur wrap. I was out of doors each of the last few evenings till after midnight and was warm in a sleeveles top and cotton skirt.

Hope that helps.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature at Night

Hi Goodwitch,

Keep in mind though, that where you come from (me too, originally) 70 degrees F. is a heatwave! LOL

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature at Night

Point taken Muggins. However, I still the the fur wrap could stay at home. Maybe a pashmina would do the trick if it drops below 100?

Glen Arbor Michigan
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature at Night

I was in Paris from June 10 - 16 and found it cool enough in the mornings and evenings for a light weight summer jacket - a stylish

short Esprit black jacket with white and black check piping. Bear in mind that if you have planned a long day of sightseeing, you will end up carrying your jacket or shawl when it warms up - and it will get hot during the afternoon. I suggest you leave the fur at home!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature at Night

As I type this, there's a raging (but beautiful and exhilarating) thunderstorm going on in Paris that, in just ONE HOUR dropped the temperature from 91F to 73F. Coco's weather website recommendation is a good place to start your planning but it's hit or miss in Paris when it comes to weather and temp in the summer.

We're in the middle of a short heat-wave right now so the posts you've probably read (from recent TA poster's visits) are accurate for the last week but not really indicative of normal June weather. June isn't normally a hot weather month. Last year there were only a few days where the words "air conditioning" were even contemplated by us.

But in the last 8 days, it's really been hot. Our apartment is in an optimum spot for "natural air conditioning" but it's been REALLY hot.

My point is, Paris is a basically a "73F degrees in the summer city" except this week... or the end of August a couple of years ago...

360 days a year are very comfortable on average and nights are pleasant.

Sometimes as many as 7 days a year are really hot and the nights are uncomfortable.

If the comparison is between...

-Paris and Detroit

-Paris and Brooklyn

-Paris and Atlanta

-Paris and Miami

-Paris and Raleigh

-Paris and Dallas

...then Paris is like a massively air conditioned city without the fan noise. The humidity is usually quite tolerable.

Having spent much time in all of the above mentioned.. I'd say that Paris' climate is more San Francisco (east of Twin Peaks) or Seattle in Summer.

It's warm but not hot. It's cool in the evenings but not sweater weather. It rains spontaniously but not for long.

Bottom line... Don't over-plan for hot weather. it's seldom really hot. It's just hot this week.

Gotta unplug the computer because of the lightning. bye

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,918 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temperature at Night

Wear the fur wrap ifyou would wear it midsummer at home.

As far as I can work out, the temp in paris and birmingham MA is fairly similar.

Of course, you can never be sure that there won't be a cool spell - but if you pack for ALL possible types of weather then you will be paying a hell of a lot in excess baggage charges.

More to the point - what is the current attatude to fur in Paris? I know in London at the moment you are likely to get hissed at in a lot of places.