We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old french francs

caracas venezuela
8 posts
Save Topic
old french francs

I Have some old french francs and I was wondering if it is possible to change then into some euros and where in Paris would that be possible.

Thank You Every one.

USA
Level Contributor
28,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: old french francs

YES...it is still possible to exchange old French FRANC banknotes(bills) for new EUROs. There is a ten(10) years conversion period for banknotes. You have until February 12, 2012 to do so (unless you have very old Franc banknotes).You must do this a Banque de France branch---the main branch office in Paris is located at 39 rue Croix des Petits Champs, 75001, Metro: Palais Royal/Musee du Louvre (Near the Palais Royal on the Right Bank)

---http://www.banque-france.fr/gb/monnaies/main.htm

I'm pretty sure that the three(3) year conversion period for old French FRANC denomination coinage runs out on February 12, 2005---this coming February.

Somewhere near the...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: old french francs

If you go to the website given by kdksail, you'll discover that various banknotes have certain dates by which to be redeemed, but they do provide a nice photo sampling of which ones are which and the dates, along with an address where to write for the exchanges.