We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food budget?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food budget?

I know this is a slightly odd question but i'm trying to work out our budget for our trip to Paris. I'm wondering an approximate cost for a decent local meal. I don't want to do american/fast food at all and will go somewhere really nice only once or twice. I figure breakfast will be 10e at most and maybe lunch 15e at most. I'm also planning on eating picnic style also. I'm not sure about dinner... like I said nothing necessarily fancy but definitely local cuisine. What do you think, on average, that would run me? Thank you for the help!!!

Venezia, Italy
Level Contributor
260 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Food budget?

Hi Beckalees,

Its a long way from Anchorage to Paris and you might not get to go again for a long time. I appreciate it is important not to lose sight of the budget but I presume you will be on holiday, spend what you can sensibly afford.

Avoid hotel breakfasts unless they are included in the price, as a general rule they are expensive. A coffee and a croissant in a cafe will range from 6 to around 12euros depending on location. There is less emphasis on whether you sit or stand now, the price is pretty much the same. Sit outside in the sun if you have the chance. A lot of bistros dont do dinner so lunch is a good option.

We work on a budget of 100 euros for two for dinner including wine and coffee. This seems to be about average in Paris, the UK and here in Italy. I was in London earlier this month, Edinburgh in October and Paris most of September and it seems to be about right.

m

New York, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Food budget?

Our hotel includes breakfast, can someone enlighten me as to what the included breakfast includes??? I am unsure and wondering if we should just skip it or what??

USA
Level Contributor
27,712 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Food budget?

>>>Our hotel includes breakfast, can someone enlighten me as to what the included breakfast includes??? I am unsure and wondering if we should just skip it or what??<<<

It depends....breakfast at most Parisian hotels will be a continental breakfast--Coffee/tea/hot chocolate, croissant, brioche and jams. Some hotels offer buffet breakfasts and these can range from little more than an ordinary continental breakfast to a full American breakfast with beverages, croissant, yogurts, fruit, dry cereal and eggs. If you see the term '..full English breakfast..' (Britain's greatest gift to mankind) it's an all-day meal for most.