We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to amsterdam

Dubai
Level Contributor
610 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to amsterdam

Iam palnning to go to amsterdam while iam in paris. Which train to take and how long it takes ?

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,171 reviews
from $108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from $300.60*
Florida
Level Contributor
17,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to amsterdam

the train line from Paris to Amsterdam (via Brussels) is called the Thalys.

You can reserve on www.sncf.com - if you get a special/discounted rate, you can usually choose to print the ticket on your own printer. If you book the full fare ticket (which allows changes and refunds) then you can choose to pick up the ticket when you get to Paris. The Thalys reservation already/automatically includes a reserved seat.

If you choose to pick up your ticket in Paris, you need the confirmation email they'll send you AND the same credit card you used to make the booking. You can go to any of the major train stations or to a ticket office (called a "SNCF boutique").

You cannot book online more than 60 days in advance.

The ride takes about 1hr15min to Brussels, then another 3hrs or so to Amsterdam (total is about 4 hours). Some trains will require a change in Brussels, others are 'direct'.

Dubai
Level Contributor
610 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to amsterdam

I was trying to check online but i coudent. I didnt know the station name that i will be leaving from and the one iam going to in amesterdam.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to amsterdam

You will be leaving from the Gare du Nord in Paris and arriving at the Centraal in Amsterdam right by Dam Square. It's a very nice 4 hour train ride, and I found second class to be very comfortable.

USA
Level Contributor
28,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to amsterdam

>>>I was trying to check online but i coudent. I didnt know the station name that i will be leaving from and the one iam going to in amesterdam. <<<

YOU DON"T NEED THE STATION NAMES . PARIS and AMSTERDAM as Departure and Arrival locations are more than sufficient to get the information you need.