We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Agoura Hills...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

hey everyone! so my hubby had to stay on for work (lucky duck!) and is HATING the hotel he is at (le meridian montparnasse) and really disliking the montparnasse area as well. because he is staying a few more days, and will have a bit of time off, i'd like some ideas of a super-nice hotel in a fun area would be. he is a sofitel select member, if that helps, and a bit of a hotel snob..... 200euro a night is fine (but not 300!) also, what is a fun area to hang out for a few days? latin quarter? i'm pretty sure we haven't been there - what are the highlights? any help would be great, i'm afraid he is a bit lost without me (his personal conceirge haha). thanks everyone!

meghan

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

The nicest hotel that I know for not more than 200E per night in central Paris are the Mercure's. The little photo next to my alias here was taken from the rooftop of one in XV on Vaugirard.

In the US, it would be almost as spacious and be comparably furnished (dressers!) with a nice standard room in a Hilton.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

You could try the Hotel Axial Beaubourg in the Marais (rue du Temple).

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

Hotel Bel Ami in Saint Germain des Pres.

http://www.hotel-bel-ami.com

If he likes Sofitels ( I love them) try Baltimore Paris Sofitel Demeure

sofitel.com/sofitel/…fiche_hotel.shtml

or the Sofitel Champs Elysees Paris ( its not on the C-E)

sofitel.com/sofitel/…fiche_hotel.shtml

The K and K at the edge of Saint Germain is nice and modern but some of the rooms can be small.

www.kkhotels.com/inside.aspx?code=HC&lang=en

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

Didnt see the mention that you want it to be in a fun area.... I like where the Bel-Ami is... The two Sofitels are in a more upscale traditional / somewhat boring but nice area of paris.

The Marais is lots of fun, young and trendy. If he wants that try the following hotels:

http://www.muranoresort.com

http://www.paris-hotel-petitmoulin.com/

new york
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: husband still in Paris.... needs hotel advice NOW!!

I just stayed in Sofitel's Hotel Scribe in the 9th, near Opera Garnier, Galleries Lafayette, and Printemps. Great location, and the hotel was lovely. Old, but very clean, very comfortable, and staffed with warm, upbeat professionals. I highly recommend it.

I got it through Priceline for about 174 euros per night, and was given a superior non-smoking room with a king-sized bed.

Their posted rates are more like 450 euros per night, but with the Sofitel card, I'm sure he can get something closer to Priceline's rate.

Just think of all the lovely things he can buy you at Printemps, just two blocks away.